cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

MAM Version?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Everyone,

Does anyone know what is the lastest version for MAM? We are currently use ERP 2004. I heard MAM 3.0 is out but couldn't find any documentation for that version. Most of documents I saw were MAM 2.5

Also, does NetWeaver 2004 comes with MAM components or do we need to purchase a seperate license for that? Any of your helps would be highly appreciated.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai,

MAM 2.5 SR2 is the latest version in General Release. MAM 3.0 is not available yet (ramp up begins this month and ends july 2006).

In regards to the license issue, you will need to discuss this with your SAP account rep it depends what kind of license your company has. I have done work at a client site where there SAP license included all Mobile solutions.

Additionally, MAM is not a component part of NetWeaver 04, its part of SMB (SAP Solutions for Mobile Business).

Hope this helps,

Wael Aoudi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Wael,

Thank you so much for your quickly respond. I have another question and hopefully you may have an answer for me. Where can I get the installation procedures documentation? What step should I follow? For instance, do I need to install MI 2.5 on the Web AS first and then configure Backend Server? What is the best approach? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai,

You can find all the installation guides for the NetWeaver Components (MI2.5) at http://www.service.sap.com/instguides. MI2.5 already comes with every WAS 6.40 installation, however, to use it you will need a full install (ABAP+J2EE). Then you will need to configure a couple of things on the server to have Mobile Infrastructure ready for Synchronization with the clients (property files..rfc..etc).

To install MAM 2.5 you will have to goto www.service.sap.com/swdc then navigate to Installations and Upgrades/Entry by application group/ SAP Solutions for Mobile business /Mobile Asset Management / MAM 2.5 / Installation. Download the CD, it will contain all the documentation you need (Installation/Configuration/Enhancement Guide...software)..etc

Back to your question, yes first make sure you have a working MI Server then follow the Master guide on the MAM CD.

If this helps and answers your question please reward the points and close the thread.

Thanks,

Wael

P.S. I recommend you purchase a license for Db2Everyplace and use the DB for persistence instead of the default IO, it provides better performance.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wael,

What is Db2Everyplace? What is it does? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi dai,

Db2Everyplace is a product from IBM, its a very light DataBase (small footprint) excellent for mobile devices. It allows you to query data faster and better specially for large amount of data.

If you go back to the Software distribution center

http://service.sap.com/swdc and then navigate to database patches you will see the link to it. You will not be able to download it unless your company has paid for a license so contact your SAP rep ( I think 30 euros per license).

Its very easy to install on your clients.

-wael

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Wael,

Where do I have to install MAM 2.5? Is it on Web AS? Backend Server? or Client? Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Dai,

If you read the documentation I referred to it will explain how you will install MAM2.5 SyncBO's on the Middleware (MI Server) and you will install the application on the client device through the MI Server (webconsole).

For the application to work you will need to configure the scenarios,users..etc on the backend server.

-wael