cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Multiple SID in same server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

Our platform is Oracle 10g on Windows 2003 x64. We want to install our central SLD on the same machine as solution manager. How can I accomplish this in Oracle? Can I install the SLD in the same Oracle home as Solution Manager? If so, will the SLD system have its own database SID or will it be an MCOD installation (we want to stay away from an MCOD installation). Is it possible to have two database SIDs in the same Oracle home? Is a Multi Home installation the only other option? What are the implications of Multi-Home Oracle installations?

Thank you in advance..

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fahad,

Are you planning to install an instance dedicated only for SLD or install it as part of Solution manager and assign it as a central SLD?

You can have multiple DB instances running under the same oracle installation (multiple SID's under one Oracle home). There are several posts that address the drawbacks of this setup, It is recommended by SAP to have database instance under its own Oracle home.

Cheers,

Nisch

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nisch,

Yes the instance will be dedicated only for SLD. I couldn't locate any such posts that address this topic. We're aware there could be certain drawbacks but in terms of resource consumption I want to weigh the multiple home option versus multiple sid.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would recommend for a multiple oracle home. SLD database will be quite small compared to any other SAP systems.

It will be beneficial to maintain a local SLD for every java instance as well and synchronize that with the central SLD, this will ensure that in case the central SLD goes down, your java instances will not go down along with it.