Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support pack error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Team,

During applying Basis support pack in 4.7 with Oracle

During support patches ,

At the time of Import:-The queue SAPKB62012 will now be continued according to scenario standerd with step CHECK_REQUIREMENTS.

To aoide known problem we recommend first reading note 447925 "ocs ; known problem with support packeges Basis rel 6:20;

The import was terminated science an error occured in stop CHECK_REQUIREMENTS that the SAPpatch manger cannot correct without your help.

Error in step : CHECK_REQUIREMENTS

Cause of error TP_CANNOT_CONNECT_SYSTEM

Return code :0212

Now plz help . what to do

Thanks & Regards

Jagdish Kumar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Looks like your transport system is not configured correctly. Go into client 000 and run STMS, select the system over view icon and select the system you are trying to apply support pack to. Then, via menu path SAP System > Check > Transport Tool.

This check must be successful in order for SPAM / SAINT to work.

Former Member
0 Kudos

yaaa thanks for your repply , In this STMS not configured .

because it is my home system. I just install IDES 4.7 in my PC.Now I want to update the all patch level.

Stms configured is must ?

Thanks

jagdish

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, STMS must be configured.

FYI: Support packs are just a collection of transports. Without STMS configured, you can't apply transports into your system, so you can't apply support packs.

Edited by: Kevin on Jul 30, 2008 1:08 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for repply.

Now I have configured stms and now support pack are properlly applying.

But during support pack apply . one messege comes in every support pack.

Open data extraction requests

Phase CHECK_REQUIREMENT: Explanation of the error open data extraction request

The system has found a number of open data extraction request.These should be processed before starting the object import process as chnage to DDIC structure could prevent data extraction request from being read after the import. Thus causing the ternate . you can find more information about this problem in sap note 328181

Call the customizing cockpit data extraction transistion and process all open extraction request.

If I skip this messege

You should take the warning about open update and data extraction request seriously and process all request before importing the queue. If you do not act this warning . It may no longer be possible to process the request after completion of the import process.

What is this warning messege.? But my all basis & abap support pack is properlly implementing.

plz explain why this messege is comming and whats the mean of this messege.

Thanks & regards

Jagdish Kumar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry ... stupid question, did you read the note indicated: 328181?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kumar,

The return code 212 will occurs if a file could not be accessed as required by the import process.

Check SLOG, you can find the cause of error and try to follow according to SLOG.

If you are not able to understand , please paste the SLOG data.I will give the solution accordingly,

Thanks

Kishore