cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Package Updates

Former Member
0 Kudos

I need to update Solution Manager to the Service Pack 16, right now I am only on SP10. When I go to the Maintenance Optimizer to choose the SP's that I want to download, it only shows SP15 and SP16. Do I need to install the previous ones (SP11 - SP14)? Or can I just install SP15 and then install SP16?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

0 Kudos

Hi Chris

To update your ABAP stack of Solution manager from 10 to 16 you surely need all Support packages from 11 till 16. To update your java stack from 10 to 16 you can do it immediately from 10 to 16.

To download your support packages...go to SAP Market place with your S user

http://service.sap.com/sp-stacks

on the bottom of the screen click on the link Sap Solution Manager 7.0

On the new screen fill in your source stack (10)

Click on next

Select the correct Kernel files

Click next

On the next screen click on the link Add to Download Basket.

After that go to your solution manager in the maintenance optimizer and click next until your see the button "confirm files"

Click on it.

Now all the files schould be availabale in your download basket.

If helpful reward points

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you for the help, I now have ALL of the files that I need in my download basket, looks like a lot of work ahead. Just one more question, can I confirm all of the files and implement them at once, or do you suggest confirming them one by one and then implementing them?

0 Kudos

Chris,

What exactely do you mean with confirm?

If you mean confirm the files in the download basket...then yes you can confirm them all at once.

Pay attention confirming the files does not mean they got actually installed!

You still need to download the files.

Extract all the *.CAR & *.SAR files into the EPS/in directory of your transport domain controller and then you can update your stack.

I recommend you however before starting the upgrade to take a full backup of your database.

Then apply your Support packages with the SPAM (Support PAckage manager) in client 000

And usually I implemnt them 1 component at once (First only all the support packages of SAP BASIS 11-12-13-14-15-16, Then SAP ABA 11-12-13-14-15-16 ect)

Please before starting to implement them read the SapNote that you will be notified of during the SP upgrade. It provides usefull information to avoid troubles!

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm also about to apply Support Packages to Solution manager, do I have to perform only a database backup or are there any other files that I should backup as well?

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris,

With my recent experience, don`t go for direct from SP10 to SP16

Recently i have tried to update Directly from SP10 to SP15.

i have downloaded the files for SP10 to SP15,

It will so many dependencies,

again you have to downloaded the dependency files. Again it will show dependency components like ST-SER, ST-A/PI, ST-ICO, BI_CONT, BBPCRM etc. it will go on like that

So better go for one by one like SP10 to SP11 and SP11 to SP12. This is my opinion

Before starting the SPs update you have to do following steps:

1) Update the Kernel to Latest level ( Kernel can be updated from JSPM also)

2) Update the R3trans to latest level

3) Update the tp.exe to latest level

4) Update the sapcar to latest level

5) Update the JSPM to latest version.

6) Update the java archives from JSPM

7) Update SPAM/SAINT version to latest level

Then you can start support pack update from SPAM

Best Regards,

Kiranbabu

Edited by: Kiranbabu on Jul 29, 2008 9:20 PM