cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webdynpro & ECC SSO

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts,

I have been looking around but I can't say I have exactly found what I need, I hope you can help me out or guide me.

I have this scenario, we're developing a webdynpro application for a Portal, this application connects to an ECC Backend to make some goods movements, we would like to identify in ECC which user did which movement.. using standard JCO the movement is registered to the configured user in JCO. We're thinking in creating users in ECC whith same UserID that the portal to enable SSO whith logon tickets but I would like to know how to implement SSO in WebDynpro, so far the information I have read isn't quite my scenario, so any comments, guidance, code samples or reference would be helpfull.

Thanks in advance, JV.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

vmadhuvarshi_
Contributor
0 Kudos

Jesus,

SSO with logon tickets is the right way to monitor user activity in backend. Regarding SSO and Web Dynpro, JCO user/id combination is not maintained in Web Dynpro application but is part of JCO connection parameters. Similerly, while defining JCO destination, instead of using user / password, you can use Ticket to logon to backend ECC system. In this way, the activities can be mapped to each user separately.

You are correct about maintaining the same userids in backend ECC system as that is required for Ticket to be successful.

Hope this helps,

Vishwas.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Wow, I have the answer in front of my eyes and I couldn't see it myself, thank you very much for your helpful answer... I guess I was so used to set the JCO with uid/pwd that never thought I was configured in WD Content Administration.. again, thank you Vishwas, helpful indeed.

Problem solved.. maybe if I find a problem I might contact you again, but by now that's it.

Cheers & cheerio!

JV

Answers (0)