cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Requirement Class determination for existing Sales Order

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts

We are facing an issue with the requirement class/type determination for the existing sales orders. We have changed the strategy in the material master, but existing items for the Sales Order are not picking up new requirement class/type derived from the new strategy. Even when we go to change mode (TC va02) and execute availability check, it is picking up old requirement type and requirement class (Check Mode in APO). The old value is also maintained in Table VBAP.

Could you please let us know if there is a way to automatically update existing Sales Order open items for the material when we change strategy of the material?

Thanks,

Prasun

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the configuration:

SPRO - Sales and Distribution - Basic Functions - Availability Check and Transfer of Requirements - Transfer of Requirements - Determination Of Requirement Types Using Transaction.

Here check if because of your item category the requirement type is getting populated.

Regards,

Dhananjay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

ND-APO should be checked.

cheers

Kuntla

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please trigger the transaction code BF11.

If the APO module is not there , then we need this setting.

thanks

Kuntla

former_member204513
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Dear Prasun,

Please try this

Go to VA02 transaction enter your sales order then go in to the sales order here you remove the material and again re enter the material then do the execute the availability check I think now system will take the new data from the material master.

I hope it will help you,

Regards,

Murali.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

We do not want to delete and re-create a Sales Order as big no of Sales Orders are involved. I have seen that the Requirement type remains the same in the sales order line item and also in Table VBAP. If there is way to update requirement type (using mass transaction or any other option), let me know.

In TC BF11, ND APO is already active.

Thanks,

Prasun