cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with FF 5.2 SP5 connector creation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I am having trouble configuring FF connectors with SP5 (we went FF-Java directly through SP5).

I get the following error message :

Cannot assign NULL to host variable 6. setNull() can only be used if the corresponding column is nullable. The statement is "INSERT INTO "VIRSA_FF_SYSTEM" ("CONNECTORID","APPLSERVER","SYSNUMBER","CLIENT","USERID","PASSWORD","STATUS") VALUES (?,?,?,?,?,?,?)".

Connector Created Successfully

When I try inserting the connector through SQLPLUS directly on the server (table VIRSA_FF_SYSTEM), it works... It seems as though the programmed SQL INSERT request in FF connector creation were wrong.

Has any of you encountered the problem?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Your connector type is correct.

The Java Connector ID should match the R/3 RFC connector name.

The SLD may only be an AC 5.3 option (which is what I am looking at for reference).

Answers (6)

Answers (6)

Former Member
0 Kudos

You need to execute program RSCOLL00 in the R/3 system, this is the STAT table collector job.

When that job has completed you need to execute Z_VFAT_BAK in the R/3 system, this is the FireFighter collector job.

Be aware that if your firefighter is logged in when either of these jobs run you may get issues, ie: thing smissing from the reports.

Setting up these jobs to run correctly is more an art than a science.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Simon, that seems to be the problem.

The problem I have now is that my reports are empty whereas my RFC connexion user is of type communication and has SAP_ALL and SAP_NEW accesses + all regenerated /VIRSA* roles.

Would you have any hint on what the problem is?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes, the connector ID which I want to create is in capital letters.

There is no SLD checkbox, in the FF connectors creation screen.

The only available fields are:

• Connector ID

• Description

• Application server

• System number

• Client

• User ID

• Password

Former Member
0 Kudos

The Connector ID field should also be in CAPITALS in FF.

Have you selected the SLD option as well, and if so has the SLD been synchronised via RZ70 in your target system?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Simon,

Yes, the RFC connector is in capital letters (separated by underscores), and is of type 3, as recommended by the Install Guide.

I am having trouble on the creation of connectors from the Java Platform in Firefighter tool itself.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Is the RFC connection in the target system of the correct type and did you create it with a name only using capital letters?