Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

As a design query, we have data coming into MDM as:

Phone Type | Phone Number

Mobile | 1111

Home | 2222

Mobile | 3333

We can use pivoting to change the structure (by creation of a new source table). We are using XML so source is updateable.

Is it possible to save this pivot in a map?

Coz if it is not, it is much better to transform incoming data via middleware..

Inputs appreciated,

Dev.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Pivot: which basically use to increasing the number of fields and reducing the number of rows in the pivot table.

As creating Pivot table results into complete change in structure so you have to map again the corresponding source fields/values to target fields/Values. I feel you can save this map and then assign this map to your inbound port would not result you into any error while data coming into MDM Data Manager. Hope it should work. Even i succesfully inserted Data into MDM Data Manger using Pivot Table into MDM Import Manager but that time i didn't try to save this map. I hope saving Map for pivot should work.

Rewards if Useful......

Mandeep Saini

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Bharti,

When you create a Pivot table a new table gets created with the inversion of Rows and columns in the import manger itself.

You will have to do fresh mapping using the newly created pivot table as your source table and the repository table as the destination table.

After doing the mapping if you save this map with the pivot table as the source and the destination rep table then it should work.

But do note one thing,it will work for this source everytime you you this map.Howvever if you try to import a new source file which is not in the pivoted format it may fail.As your map is saved with the pivoted specification.

I am not very sure of this but this is how it ought to behave.

Hope It Helped,

Kindly Reward Points if found useful

Thanks & Regards

Simona Pinto