cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Steps for install MI 7.1 in PDA

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experts,

I have a problem, i want install Mobile 7.1 in a PDA, i have the CD of installation, but in the frolder "\MobileClient\PDA" I have lot of files:

- mindb.cab

- mindb.cab

- pda_awt_container.CAB

- pda_awt_container.zip

- pda_eswt_container.CAB

- pda_eswt_container.zip

- pda_jsp_container.CAB

- pda_jsp_container.zip

- pda_runtime_win32_for_test_only.zip

- pda_runtime_wince.CAB

How can install it in the PDA?

Thanks in advance,

Regards,

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to do it in the following sequence if you want to run applications which are developed for handheld in NWDS 7.1.

1. Install creme 4.12 for MI 7.1

2. mindb.cab

3. pda_eswt_container.CAB

4. pda_runtime_wince.CAB

I am not exactly sure for JSP(Backward compatibility applications). But it should be definitely

1. Install creme 4.12 for MI 7.1

2. mindb.cab

3. pda_jsp_container.CAB

4. pda_runtime_wince.CAB

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Where can i find the Creme 4.12??

Thanks in advance,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can download from NSICOM site at the following link

http://www.nsicom.com/Default.aspx?tabid=289

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I can´t download... Can you send me the file?

Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

Finally i have achieved install all in my pda and work fine...

If i want install the same in a blackberry, the steps are the same?

Thanks in advance,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I am not really sure if you can install MI 7.1 on a blackberry device. Becuase CREME is only available for Windows Mobile 5.0 or Windows Mobile 2003.

You can check the list of devices supported with MI 7.1 in product availability matrix.

http://service.sap.com/pam

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

So the app that i do, i can´t see in the blackberry? Are there any solution for app in blackberry?

Thanks in advance,

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to develop applications for blackberry, as far as I know currently there is only one option. Develop normal webdynpro application and deploy onto the SAP J2EE server so that you can directly access the webdynpro application using a URL from any desktop/PDA/blackberry device by typing the URL.

One such application application from SAP is Mobile Sales Online solution based on webdynpro java.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

In this case, the blackberry always have connection to internet no?

In other way, where can i find the xApps for Mobile? I want install a standar app, but i don´t find it.

Thanks in advance,

You have more points for you.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You are correct. The blackberry device needs to be always connected for running Mobile Sales Online application(MSon).

You can find the MSon appliation at

http://service.sap.com/ ->Under SAP Support Portal ->Software Download ->SAP Support Packages ->Entry by application group->SAP Application components->SAP CRM->SAP xMSA, Online.

You can download the one based on what J2ee Server you have. I mean NW04 or NW04s.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Siva,

I´m referring an app for Mobile 7.1

I find the MTT, MDSD and MAM but only for Mobile NW04 and NW04s... Are there for Mobile 7.1?

Lot of Thanks,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check the following path. I could see MAM 3.1 for MI 7.1

http://service.sap.com/ ->Under SAP Support Portal ->Software Download ->SAP Support Packages ->Entry by application group->SAP Application components->Mobile Applications ->SAP MAM -> SAP MAM 3.1(NW MOB 7.1).

Hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Siva.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I can´t see this version.

Only appear:

• SAP MAM 2.5 (ON NW04)

• SAP MAM 2.5 (ON NW04S)

• SAP XMAM 3.0 (ON NW04)

• SAP XMAM 3.0 (ON NW04S)

Regards,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Victor,

for sure you cannot see it. Shiva is SAP employee, so he can see all Apps - even the ones in DEV and not available for public. We are public and not rampup customers and for sure have no rights to see internal SAP apps. So... we can not see it!

So this 7.1 version is actually in DEV state and will not be available before next year - like any other SAP app will not be available for 7.1 at the moment.

Regards,

Oliver

Answers (0)