cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Using dialog-window in CE 7.1 without gray-scale

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm using the new "dialog-popup" feauture in my CE 7.1 WebDynPro.

When i'm integrating the WD into an Portal iView (eg. URL-IView or WebDynPro)

the "gray-screen" is over the portal masthead. So I can't navigate anymore!

I tried allready URL-Iview or Webdynpro with nearly any parameter.

Is there an other possibility, so that the dialog-screen is only into the "IView" or better say content-part?

Regards

Marco

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel, Satyajit

so far so god, but it should be my desicion when the user has to do something and

when not (as i'am the developper) - and when the portal-navigation has to be "overlayed.." 😃

I made some tests like integrating the new ce webdynpro into a frame

<FRAMESET ROWS="10,90" COLS=",">
<FRAME SRC='about:blank' NAME=''>
<FRAME SRC='portalUrl:50000/webdynpro/dispatcher/local/MyDc/MyApp' NAME=''>
</FRAMESET>

And it works! The overlay isn't over the other Frame.

Inside this frame, the overlay of the ce-webdynpro was created only into the frame.

And not over the whole page! But if i do integrate this html-page into an url-iview or something

equal, an show it into the portal - the overlay is over the portal again!

So there must be some interaction between my ce-wd-application (7.10) and the consumer portal (in this case 7.0) ..?!

Has anyone some idea?

Regards

Marco

0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

this is the portal-framework coming in action here. it uses frames as well, thus it is possible (if not by design) that there will be interferences.

What kind of popup or external window... do you use?

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Manuel

i don't use any "external window". I use an Model-Window like an Dialog.

And we talk about the new NetWeaver CE 7.1 Version - in which one the "issue" appears.

Something like this, i use to create the dialog.

public void showAddressbookPopup() {
// @@begin showAddressbookPopup()
// get the repository content at runtime of the Web-Dynpro-
// Window u201CAddressbookWindowu201D
IWDWindowInfo windowInfo = (IWDWindowInfo) wdComponentAPI.getComponentInfo().findInWindows("AddressbookWindow");
// create the u201CAddressbookWindowu201D
IWDWindow window = wdComponentAPI.getWindowManager().createModalWindow(windowInfo);
// set the WindowPosition on the screen
window.setWindowPosition(300, 150);
// and show the window
window.show();
// Save WindowInstance in Context
wdContext.currentPopupElement().setWindowInstance(window);
// @@end
}

My problem at all is only how to prohibit the interaction between the webdynpro an the portal or better say how to integrate the webdynpro, so that webdynpro itself doesn't know that he's into a portal and so on can't interact with it!

Regards

Marco

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Marco,

This Link will be helpful for you in using dialog window in CE 7.1

[https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/903fed0d-7be4-2a10-cd96-9136707374e1]

Regards,

Sharma.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sharma

that isn't what i'm searching for!

I allready know how to create dialog-windows. But when you use them within a portal

they do a overlay (have a look at page 27 of your posted pdf) over the hole screen!

And over the masthead-navigation of the portal!

So my question is, can i change the behaviour of the webdynpro?

(like giving an parameter that he don't know that he is into an portal framework...?)

Regards

Marco

0 Kudos

Hi Marco

as far as I know, the reason for graying-out the whole browser window when opening a popup, is because the popup requires user action. So there should not be a possibility to do anything else that could interfere with the current WD-application...

Regards,

M.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That is not possible. It is the behavior of modal windows and you cannot change it. The dialog that you are opening is a modal window & hence it blocks the entire parent screen. You can create a non-modal window but that would leave the web dynpro parent accessible simultaneously as well.

Regards,

Satyajit.