cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

SAPConsole Vs ITSMobile

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello experts.

I'm working in a upgrade and the client want to migrate from SAPConsole to ITSMobile.

I was reading about those tecnologies and I'm surprised.

With SAPConsole all is easy. You only have to tell what transaction want to use.

But with ITSMobile ¡¡¡ you have to create a template if you want to use a dynpro!!! It mean if your transactión has 50 dynpros ¡¡¡You have to create 50 templates!!!

With SAPConsole, this work was made in runtime, and you didn't has any problem. But now, you have to do all this work in programming time, and if you forget a dynpro...

Is this true? I'm not in a error? Doesn't exist any automatic method?

Thank you.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Summary:

-SAPConsole has a great advantage: You only have to configurate which transaction goes to use. SAPConsole generates automatically all dynpros you need.

-ITSMobile has a lot of advantages (tell us by Klaus layer, thank you very much), but you need time for create templates and prove the transaction completely.

rob_smeets2
Participant
0 Kudos

So am I right to presume that the standard RF transactions do not come with pre-generated templates for itsmobile?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Nobody tell us standard RF transactions come with pre-generated templates. I asked to SAP, and they tell me the same.

"There isn't automatic solution".

leif_almgren
Participant
0 Kudos

In our organisation we have found one more big advantage: performance. ITSmobile gives a much quicker response to the user compared to the SapWebConsole.

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

SAP is working on providing templates for RF transactions like LMXX. Please be patient. But it is not a big deal to generate these templates on your own. The time you invest in generating templates you will get out by not having to run a separate server infrastructure for Web SAPConsole.

With kind regards,

Klaus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Klaus ,

Thanks for your responses.

We have an issue with regard to displaying the SU and Bin verification fields while publishing in ITS.Since these are dynamic fields , how we do we publish them and control them on ITS transactions.Usually in Web console these are displayed from config and Bin master data when required.At the same time , these are not the screen fields , we can not control them on ITS transactions.Please Suggest..

Thanks in advance

rob_smeets2
Participant
0 Kudos

(mainly in reply to Klaus)

does ITS mobile come with support for the basic RF transactions (I'm thinking about WM and TRM transactions, mainly)? or do all these hundreds of dynpro's need to get a template?

I'm asking because I have become well versed in (web)sapconsole tech by now, but I'm trying to estimate whether ITS Mobile is a 'quick win' for a customer, or it would need several weeks to roll out... (unlike standard sapconsole + RF which can be setup in 1 to 4 days)

former_member228142
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

yes with ITSmobile you have to create/generate these templates once. But ITSmobile has a great advantage over Web SAPConsole:

- ITSmobile basically supports any mobile device out there. Because if the HTML created by the generator does not work with your device, you can adapt it so that it will work. Even if SAP never thought about you special device. With Web SAPConsole you have lost.

- ITSmobile allows you to modify the templates. With a few changes you can adapt them and add colors, oversize buttons that can be pressed with gloves, textfields with large fonts. You have full control over the screen and the layout. You can implement almost anything your customer wishes.

- ITSmobile is based on the ITS framework which is part of the SAP Kernel. This means you don't have to maintain an extra server infrastructure as it is required with Web SAP Console. And with ITSmobile we speak about high volume business with a really large number of users. Web SAP Console will never be able to support this number of concurrent users on a comparable hardware.

- last but not least ITSmobile supports a larger set of screen elements

It is highly recommended to use ITSmobile instead of Web SAPConsole. ITSmobile is available with 46C and above. So if you setup a new mobile project or if you do an upgrade of your system you should make the move. With SAP Netweaver 7.10 and above Web SAP Console is no longer supported.

The above information can also be found in SAP Notes 1070064 and 104618.

Best regards,

Klaus Layer

SAP Development Manager ITS, ITSMobile, SAPConsole

Former Member
0 Kudos

may i know th exact requirment u