cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Data syndication back to ECC system

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, Gurus,

I have just entered MDM universe after working as MM functional consultant for 1 1/2 yrs. I am wondering when any duplicate record get merged in MDM and syndicated back in ECC, How ECC system handles changes? Say for example I have 'X' and 'Y' are two records having base unit of measure for 'X' as Kgs and for 'Y' as Grm. Now in MDM X and Y are identified as duplicate and merged. When they are syndicated back to ECC. How ECC will react on these merged records? I know in ECC you can't change BoU easily. There are so many parameters like transactional data are linnked to it. How MDM will handle merging of such basic fields?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

For the same i think you need to do Key Mapping as yes for main table and sub tables and also create two remote systems in MDM console. once you import data into MDM from two differnt systems. For two duplicates you can check into MDM Data Manger by right clickin on record that from where each record comes and after merging record you can still check this single Merged record having two keys means this single record has come from two different system. while syndicating records during syndicator on the Map Properties tab syndicate records with remote keys only which will take care of sending data back to different ECC's system.

As you said Say for example I have 'X' and 'Y' are two records having base unit of measure for 'X' as Kgs and for 'Y' as Grm. Now in MDM X and Y are identified as duplicate and merged

I think you can not merge the record as per Base UOM. for this you can maintain a mulivalue field which is look up into main table from lookup(reference) table mean you can have another subtale say UOM which even SAP has recommended as the values for this tables you can get fetched from R/3 to MDM using MDMGX Transaction which will take care of both Base UOM for a single record.

Hope it will help you,

Rewards if Useful.....

Mandeep Saini

Edited by: Mandeep Saini on Jul 29, 2008 5:17 PM

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Nitin,

answer to your query is in this article.

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/80eb6ea5-2a2f-2b10-f68e-bf735a45...

Hope this helps,

+ An