cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Local Installation -> Domain Installation

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi NG,

is there a way to migrate a local installation into a domain installation (windows)?

R/3 Enterprise 4.72

Windows 2003

Oracle

Regards

Stefan

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Steffan!

The main concern between local and domain installation is the "location" of the users accounts. If you already has a local installation you could migrate to a domain installation in a quite easy way.

First you have to check that you have the necessary user accounts and user groups in the domain controller, like sidadm, SAPserviceSID. The users has to be correctly assigned to the usersgroups.

(I guess that your server is already a memeber of the domain, if it isn't, assing it)

Then, you have to add that domain user accounts to your server and assign them to the local administrators group.

Once you have the domain users in your server, you have to change the user that the service (sapsid_nn, saposcol, and the oracle services listener, ora... i dont' remember all of them) uses to start. You can do this with right-click in the desired service, properties->logon.

Before you change the logon properties of the service, you have to stop your sapsystem and its services (sap and oracle).

Finally, check the permissions of the shared directories sapmnt, saploc.

Now, you could start the system.

Remember to change all users involved in the installation, such as oracle users and sap users.

Maybe you could have problems with the listner, check the files listner and tnsnames \<ORA_HOME>\network.

I used this procedure with oracle 9.2, win2003 and SAP 4.0B

Hope this helps!

Best regards

Javier Jimenez

guru_subramanianb
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

I fear you cannot do this easily.

All installation will directly put the entry in the respective registries.

Regards,

Guru