cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

miniWAS not running error: Xuser not found

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi I have installed succefully Miniwas in my PC, It work perfectly during couple of months, then suddenly I tried to start application and I could not, I got this error during start batch

-

C:\miniWAS> set DBBAME=WA1

C:\miniWAS> x_server

18641 Error:XSERVER is already running!

C:\miniWAS> dbmcli -U db_warm

Error! Xuser not found

Error: Database WA1 not started!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Carlos,

when you or a script that starts the SAP System

starts the database with command "dbmcli -U db_warm"

the MaxDB/SAPDB uses a mechanism to look up so called xusers with entry name "default" to find a user with which the SAP system can connect to the database. this list is OS user dependent. Meaning that if you do a "c:>xuser list" on the command prompt for user OSUserA there are user maintained whereas when you are logged in with OSUserB and do the same thing there are no users maintained meaning you end up with an empty list displaying nothing.

So my first guess would be that you do not start the system with the user you have installed the miniSAP system because the list is only maintained for the user you did installed the system with.

If this is the case try to start the system with the OS

user you have used while installation of. If the current user is the installation user you have lost for some reason the xuser list entries. Then you have to rebuild this by hand with command

xuser -d <dbname> -n <dbhost> -u <Schema>,<Schema_Password>

-U DEFAULT -S SAPR3 -t 0 -l 0 set

of course therefore you have to know the user and password inside the Database to make SAP connect to it.

Another option would be to install the Database Manager Gui from http://www.sapdb.org/7.4/sap_db_software.htm do a backup of your database. Then throw away the complete system. do a reinstallation of the MiniSAP and then recover the database over the new installed one. This will reset you to have a running system with all the stuff you have done inside the system before

hope that is of help to you

Regards Ingo

symon_braunbaer
Participant
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am experiencing the same problem, on NetWeaver 2004. Right after the installation, the DB

doesn't start. I have tried your command, but without the -l switch, as it didn't take it.

Now I can see the user with xuser list, but I still have the same error when trying to start MaxDB:

N04:n04adm 34> xuser list

-----------------------------------------------------------------

XUSER Entry  1

--------------

Key         :DEFAULT

Username    :N04

UsernameUCS2:N.0.4. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Password    :?????????

PasswordUCS2:?????????

Dbname      :N04

Nodename    :N04

Sqlmode     :SAPR3

Cachelimit  :-1

Timeout    

Isolation   :-1

Charset     :<unspecified>

From startdb.log:

Starting Database Instance...

Error! XUser not found!