Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ABAP Server Proxy: Mapping XSD to ABAP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

has anyone faces the follwoing problem?

I make a conversion of a field (length is 2) during a file content conversion of a sender file adapter. However in most cases the field is filled with only one character and a subsequent blank. The conversion cuts the space, so in my taret XML structure I will have a field of length 1 or 2, right?

When I generate the corresponding inbound proxy (i have file to proxy scenario), the xml field of length 1-2 has to be mapped to a char array in ABAP. How long will this array be? I suppose it will have length 2. But what happens in the case that the subsequent blank has been **** during the conversion? Will the ABAP field be filled up was a blank again? (leading or subsequent?)

Isn't it better in that case not to make any restrictions to the length of the string in the xml structure? In that case, i think in ABAP these field will have to be interpreted as dynamic string, right?

What would you prefer?

Kind regards

Florian

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Try this........

In Message mapping check the length of field if its 1 then Concat it with Constant.

Fill the Constant with 1 space value.

Thanks,

Mahi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mahi,

in that case i could also just prevent xi from trimming using that parametter:

NameA.fieldContentFormatting

○ Enter trim to remove all the leading and subsequent blanks for a value found. This is the default.

○ Specify nothing to ensure that the value remains unaltered.

However, id like to trimm those blanks, but i want to know how i can send them to the proxy without getting "new blanks"