Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Querie regarding standard CRMHHSALES application

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I am working on CRMHHSALES application but I am not able to run the application.

1. I have downloaded the standard war file CRMHHSALES.war from service market place

2. I am deploying the CRMHHSALES.war file in MI admin.I am giving the application name same as that of the war file.

3. After converting the .war into .sda format when I am deploying , the status shows as deployed but I am getting error in the trace viewer.

now If I search the application in mobile components I cannot see the application, means it is not deployed.

Can any one throw some light on it. I am not sure that is this some problem with the standard war file or with Mi Admin.

Thanks and regards

Neha Mahanty

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

what is the actual error in the trace viewer?

Regards,

Oliver

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

HI Oliver,

Thanks it was some problem with the admin. Now I am able to deploy the application.

But there is some other problem I am facing :

I am using standard CRMHHSALES.war which I downloaded from service market place.

When I deployed this war file in MI admin and assign it to my MI client device the application is running fine

Now I imported the war file which contains the source code CRMHHSALES_DEBUG.war in my NWDS. Now If I try to run the application from my NWDS, it is giving me u201CPage not found erroru201D.

I have not done any modifications, I just imported the war file in NWDS and run and its giving error.

My NWDS version is 7.0.14

Is there any problem with the standard war file.

Kindly suggest

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

have you tried to pre compile the JSP files? This could cure the issue. If not you need to give me some more details on the error.

If it does, I can explain what happens and how to solve this as well.

Regards,

Oliver

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi Oliver,

yes you are correct. I selected the precompile Jsp option and the applicaiton is running fine.

Thanks so much.

can u explain what was happening.

Also one more question. Now If I need to modify the Jsp's will it allow me or not. because I was facing this problem earlier that once I run any application using precompile Jsp option . I was not able to modify.

Any safety measures

Please suggest

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Hi oliver

Just to add one more point . I am able to modify the pages as well. I tried and its working.

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

the problem is: MI is based on Tomcat. Do not ask me why, but in some installations it compiles the JSP pages by itself, in others it does not. If you take the tools.jar form the JDK, put it into the lib folder of Tomcat and then add this to the listofjars file of MI, you can simply use JSP and there is no need to precompile them.

Off course you can change the JSP pages. But to be 100% safe, delete the $JSP folder before you create the WAR file again. And a good idea is it to keep the files after you created them. The issue is: you select "Pre Compile JSP Pages" - that works totally fine and no error message was shown and so you use the created file. But that is not always the real story. Mi only shows errors in compiled JSP files, if you keep them in the $JSP folder. So it could be, that you have changed a file and in the changed file was an error. Well, cause you did not keep the $JSP, you have not seen it.

The manual delete of the $JSP is a safe thing again. In 99% of all cases it compiles changed JSP files again - even if there is an older version n the $JSP folder. but sometimes .... well, this is MI So delete the folder prior to WAR file creation and everything should be fine.

Hope this explains your issues.

Regards,

Oliver

neha_mahanty
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Ya understood

Thanks a lot

Thanks and Regards

Neha Mahanty

Answers (0)