cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Portal eventing between Web Dynpro (java) and VC

Former Member
0 Kudos

I'm trying to develop an iView in Visual Composer (v6.00.0050) that listens to a portal event which is fired by a Web Dynpro for Java iView. I use SAP Enterprise Portal 6.0 SP12

The code that fires the event in the WD iView looks like this:

WDPortalEventing.fire(

"urn:/test/vc",

"vcdata",

"somedata"

);

I'm trying to catch this event in the VC iView through an input flow element. Can anybody tell me what to set the properties/fields of this input element to?

I've tried setting the name property to 'urn:/test/vc' and adding a field called 'vcdata', but I can't get the VC iView to react to the WD event.

Any help would be appreciated!

Cheers, Arnoud

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Arnoud,

In VC 6.0, eventing between 2 iViews is possible if both the iViews are in the same model created by VC,I doubt in the type of eventing you are trying. The reason for this is that for eventing the sender iView must have an output port and the receiver iView must have an input port with the same name as that of the output port along with same urn property and moreover the parameters that are passed through these ports must have the same name and type.After that VC enables the users to drag a link from the 'out' port of sender iView to the 'in' port of receiver iView.

Thanks anyways.

Deep Chakrabarti