Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Distribute different versions of data to 3rd party systems from SAP ERP2004

Cortex2k
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Dear fellow SDN users

I am working in a large retail company where we are about to implement a new store system. The new system should be implemented in phases, where each phase covers one or multiple countries. Until the implementation is complete, our old store system should still be supported.

My problem is that we also need to support multiple versions of the systems, which is something we have never done before. Do any of you guys have any experience in how to differentiate versions of the data being sent from SAP to 3rd party systems? The scenario today is:

SAP ECC 6.0 -> SAP PI 7.0 -> STORE SYSTEM1

And the scenario we would like in the future:

SAP ECC 6.0 -> SAP PI 7.0 -> STORE SYSTEM1/STORE SYSTEM2

(Where it is possible to send several versions of data: e.g. ARTMAS ver. 1 to SYSTEM1 and ARTMAS ver. 2 to SYSTEM1 and ARTMAS ver. 1 to SYSTEM2)

The first thing that came to my mind was to differentiate on IDOC extension and then program different routines per extension when sending the idocs, but I guess there should be an easier way.

Any idea is greatly appreciated.

Best regards,

Chris

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

I guess it depends on how the information you want to send to various partner systems differs, but have you considered using reduction?

I am at a client currently where we need to send similar information to a number of systems - for example Customer information using the DEBMAS message type, is going to three seperate systems.

To do this we defined 3 reduced messages - Tcode BD53. This not only reduces the load placed on PI/whatever middleware system is used by eliminating unnecessary data from each message variant, but allows the message to be treated differently by PI, using different data mappings, distribution models etc.

Hope this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Chris

I guess it depends on how the information you want to send to various partner systems differs, but have you considered using reduction?

I am at a client currently where we need to send similar information to a number of systems - for example Customer information using the DEBMAS message type, is going to three seperate systems.

To do this we defined 3 reduced messages - Tcode BD53. This not only reduces the load placed on PI/whatever middleware system is used by eliminating unnecessary data from each message variant, but allows the message to be treated differently by PI, using different data mappings, distribution models etc.

Hope this helps