cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

saving document through officecontrol

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I am using the office control in webdynpro abap to upload excel files and view them on the webdynpro views. The trouble however is to modify the files and save them in the same location as they were uploaded from?

Does anyone have some idea on how to do this? I tried the sample programs in SIOS package but it seems the SAVE over there is not persistent. It works for the session but if i close the browser window and run the application again then i do not see the changes made.

It seems that since the GET method of the mime repository is used to get the contents of the file, the saving of file might have to be done using the PUT method. But here the problem is to pass the content to this method in the xstring format. This will have to be done by reading the context attribute to which the data source property of the control is bound. But the problem is : How to update the context attribute value with the changes done on the file in the office control (I read the file through the GET method and bind the attribute to the content returned, but now after making some changes in the excel file on the screen, how to update the same in the context attribute so that the put method can be called with the correct updated data??)

Any hints/suggestions/workarounds welcome !!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

the file was loading from the mime repository , so i had to save the file at the same location using the put method....

abhimanyu_lagishetti7
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Thanks for sharing.