cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Images are not visible in the client

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have created a Web Dynpro application for laptops using SAP Netwever Composition Environment 7.1 .

I have put the images in src\mimes\Components\com.utility.comp.UtilityComp (utility is the name of the application) folder and have specified the name of the jpg file in the source property of the Image UI element.

I am able to see the image in NWDS but not in the SAP Netweaver client . There is an empty space instead of the image in the client .

I have even set the visible property as visible.

It would be nice if you get help me out in displaying the images.

Thanks ,

Madhu.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (12)

Answers (12)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Please can u let me know how to convert a .ear file to a .sda file to deploy in DOE. The laptop application is generating a .ear file which is not directly uploadble using transaction SDOE_UPLOAD_ARCHIVE.

Also I dont see the the .ear file in the Mobile client folder also. I am picking it up from the NWDS workspace.

Thanks & regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

you don´t have to convert the ear-file to a sda-file. The sda can be found under -_comp-gen-defualt-deploy.

Hope this helps.

Regards

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

I am working on a laptop solution. You will get a .sda file in the said location for handheld solution only. For a laptop solution it generates the .ear file on same location which i am not able to upload on DOE.

Please get back if u get some solution to it.

Thanks & regards,

Sumit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

i am also working on a laptop solution and the generated sda from the developer studio is that one

you need to deploy to the DOE.

At the last weekend i did exactly this:

1. I checked the SDA-File from my workspace.

2. Upload this SDA-File via SDOE_UPLOAD_ARHIVE

3. Assign the application to the device.

4. Make a synch.

Everything worked fine without needing any conversion tool.

Best regards,

Mathias

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Mathias,

Thanks for the reply.

Yes I checked the same a few days back. There was a fault with project structure because of which sda was not getting generated. I created a fresh app to avoid the problem.

By the way I am facing a couple of more issues.

1. How to give sort conditions in Laptop Queries.

2. In the table ui if i click on any elemnt the lead selection is not changing to the corresponding row.

Please let me know if you have any idea.

0 Kudos

Hi,

1) for the sort conditions : in the query builder you can check on the order by / sort option.

Also in the coding you can code querycondtion.sort

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nwmobile71/helpdata/en/8F/0B674240449C60E10000000A1550B0/frameset.htm

2) Have you created an action for OnLead for the table? If not create an action without any coding the lead selection will work.

Thanks and Regards,

Narayani

jorge_gutirrez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Hi Sumit,

The only change I made was to create a new folder with my images in the right location. What is the right location? I suggest you to perform a test. Add the following code, for example, in the wdDoInit method of your Component Controller.

try{
	System.out.println(wdComponentAPI.getURLService().getResourcePath("file.txt"));
}
catch(WDAliasResolvingException e){
	System.err.println(e.getMessage());
}

It must show you where the Mobile Client searches for Component resources.

Regards,

Jorge.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

Please do a server deployment of the application.

The image then should be visible on the client.After that the image will be visible even though application is deployed locally again.

I hope this helps.

Best Regards,

Amit

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jorge,

I am facing the same problem what you faced. As you suggested I also created a folder with <vendor_name>~<Project_Name> and placed the components folder inside it. But I am still not able to see the images on the Mobile client. If there are any other changes that you have made please let me know.

Thanks & Regards,

Sumit

jorge_gutirrez
Explorer
0 Kudos

I answer myself almost two months later.

I got a temporaly solution copying the custom images to the directory of Mobile Client where Sap Icons are stored.

Now I have got a new and better tricky solution. My NWDS searches for component images in the path src\mimes\Components\<my_component_name>. But my Mobile Client searches them in the path src\mimes\<vendor_name><project_name>\Components\<my_component_name>. I have only had to create a new folder named <vendor_name><project_name> inside mimes directory and to replicate there his contents.

jorge_gutirrez
Explorer
0 Kudos

My images are located in the folder you say. The Mobile Client version is 7.10 SP07.

Thanks and Regards,

Jorge.

jorge_gutirrez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok. I have Mobile Client 7.1.

Thanks and regards,

Jorge.

0 Kudos

Hi,

I was referring to the SP level that you are using.

after => com.utility.comp.UtilityComp there will be a components folder in src\mimes\Components\com.utility.comp.UtilityComp you have to put your image there.

Regards,

Narayani

jorge_gutirrez
Explorer
0 Kudos

Ok. I have Mobile Client 7.1.

Thanks and regards,

Jorge.

jorge_gutirrez
Explorer
0 Kudos

I haven´t a folder exactly with that path.I have originarily put the images in the the folder src/mimes/Components/, which is the default path when you select a image by means of the browse button in the image properties tab. It doesn't work.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Which version of the mobile client are you in?

Are you able to see the image on your NWDS view and not on your mobile client?

If yes then please raise an OSS, because it is a JAVAGUI problem(client rendering issue).

Regards,

Narayani

jorge_gutirrez
Explorer
0 Kudos

I have stored the image in the root folder of my project and it isn't showing yet. I have tried storing it in other several folder and there is no way it could be displayed. I can select it from the browse button in the properties image tab and then it is displayed in the View Layout Editor. The problem always arises when I run the app in the local Mobile Client.

0 Kudos

Hi,

You need to put the images under project folder =>src/mimes/<project named folder>/components.

Thanks and Regards,

Narayani

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Madhu,

Is the image getting deployed with the app? May be the file is not getting deployed at all. Check the client app folders for the jpg file in question. Please mark the question as answered if my or others' post solved your question.

Regards,

Veera

jorge_gutirrez
Explorer
0 Kudos

I using local deployment. I deploy my application directly from NWDS to a Mobile Client running also locally in my machine. Maybe I'm wrong, but I think that Mobile Client look for resources in NWDS workspace.

This is the dpi file located in the Mobile Client inbox folder when I perform the deployment.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<deployment>
<device>
<repository>
<mcd name="IrviaDemoApp" namespace="" version="1">
<action type="install"/>
<location type="local">
<source path="C:\Documents and Settings\oloranube\workspace.sr5.jdi\LocalDevelopment\DCs\company.es\irvia_demo_app\_comp\MOBILE-INF\MCD.xml" property="mcd" type="file"/>
<component name="hpcds.es~irvia_demo_app">
<applications>
<application deploy="true" name="IrviaDemoApp"/>
</applications>
<source path="C:\Documents and Settings\oloranube\workspace.sr5.jdi\LocalDevelopment\DCs\company.es\irvia_demo_app\_comp\bin" property="bin" type="dir"/>
<source path="C:\Documents and Settings\oloranube\workspace.sr5.jdi\LocalDevelopment\DCs\company.es\irvia_demo_app\_comp\gen_wdp" property="gen_wdp" type="dir"/>
<source path="C:\Documents and Settings\oloranube\workspace.sr5.jdi\LocalDevelopment\DCs\company.es\irvia_demo_app\_comp\src\mimes" property="mimes" type="dir"/>
<source path="C:\Documents and Settings\oloranube\workspace.sr5.jdi\LocalDevelopment\DCs\company.es\irvia_demo_app\_comp\gen_wdp\application-j2ee-engine.xml" property="j2ee_xml" type="file"/>
</component>
</location>
</mcd>
</repository>
</device>
</deployment>

There is a <source> entry for the mimes directory, where "Component images" are located.

PD: Sorry about my poor english. I hope you to understand me.

jorge_gutirrez
Explorer
0 Kudos

I'm fighting against the same problem. When I set a "Component Image" as source of the Image UI element it isn't showed. Nevertheless images are showed when I set "SAP Icon" or "Web Icon" as source.

I'm too desperate, I can't waste so much time just to add a custom image to my mobile application.

0 Kudos

Hi,

The problem is not with your application. For component images you will have to store your images in the your project folder itself.

You will find the path when you choose the browse button in the image properties.

Please copy the image into this folder and try.

Thanks and Regards,

Narayani