cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

BC sets

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Experts,

What is BC sets in SAP? How we use them in real time? can anyone help in this regard is highly appreaciated.

Anand

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Kasarla,

In the R/3 system from SAP, a Business Configuration Set (BC Set) is a management tool that allows the user to record, save, and share customized settings. By creating a BC Set, the user is provided with a snapshot of the customized settings of a system that can be used later on as a template; SAP also provides pre-packaged BC sets designed for specific industries and applications. BC Sets are useful because they provide continuity and prevent project team members from overwriting each other's settings.

Customizing settings can be collected by processes into Business Configuration Sets (BC Sets). BC Sets make Customizing more transparent by documenting and analyzing the Customizing settings. They can also be used for a group rollout, where the customizing settings are bundled by the group headquarters and passed on in a structured way to its subsidiaries.

BC Sets are provided by SAP for selected industry sectors, and customers can also create their own.

When a BC Set is created, values and combinations of values are copied from the original Customizing tables into the BC Set and can be copied into in the tables, views and view clusters in the customer system. The BC Sets are always transported into the customer system in which Customizing is performed.

The loading of BC Sets is logged by the system, i.e. which BC Set was copied when into the system, and any errors which occurred. This information is significant for Continuous Change and Upgrade.

The settings in the BC Set can be compared with the system data using the Customizing Cross-System Viewer, to check the consistency of the data.

Advantages of using BC Sets:

· Efficient group rollout.

· Industry sector systems are easier to create and maintain.

· Customizing can be performed at a business level.

· Change Management is quicker and safer.

· Upgrade is simpler.

See also Note 669542

Regards,

Barathi S.

Edited by: Barathi Sethuram on Jul 29, 2008 12:25 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

vow, great reply.

I am really appreciating you. May i get your contact details for any doubt clarification.

anand

Former Member
0 Kudos

contact me in the forum

Edited by: Barathi Sethuram on Jul 29, 2008 12:54 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

thank you very much

anand

Answers (0)