cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EWA Error

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Gurus,

here i am configuringt the EWA , when i am calling the sdccn from SMSY - Solution Manager opertaions - Administration SDCCn , here i have added the sytems and here SDCCN is showing the RED Colour

this is the long text ,

When using RFC destination SM DEVCLNT300 TRUSTED, the following message has been returned from system DEV: .

where shpuld i create the RFc Destinationm .BACK in Solman or satilite systems ? please help me it's top prioriety. i messaged to SAP also . but no replay till.

please help me

cheers.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

0 Kudos

Hi,

This is a lot of work and I suggest we will do it step by step.

Lets assume you want to set up the early watch reporting for your System ABC through your solution manager syst SOL.

First you must make sure the system ABC is know into Solultion manager.

In solution manager start transaction SMSY

On the left of the screen under the section "Landscape Components"

Expand the systems folder

Ther you will find different SAP products.

Lets presume your system ABC is a SAP Netweaver system.

So expand the SAP Netweaver folder

Under the SAP Netweaver you must find your system ABC.

IF it isn't present there then you need to create it yourself.

To do so Right click on the SAP Netweaver folder and choose "Create New System"

Under System you fill in the SID of your System

Product & Version must match your SAP Product installed on your ABC system

Installation number of ABC can be found by performing the SLICENSE transaction into the ABC system.

If this is ok...then reply on the thread for the next step.

It could be helpfull to provide the info about the SAP version of your system of which you want to obtain EWA reports. (for example SAP Netweaver 2004s with usage type Business intelligence)

Kind Regards.

Edited by: Oxya Consulting on Jul 29, 2008 12:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi , i have completed the config in SMSY , actually when i call SPRO there activate the service data then it's taking to SMSY there solution manager operations - administration sdccn here i have added the systems and sdccn status is RED please help me ..

0 Kudos

Hold your horses man.

Don't run before you can walk.

The next step we need to perform is to create the RFC connections between your satelite system (in my example ABC) and the solution manager (SOL) In both systems this will create 2 connections 1 connection for read access and another to analyze (trusted connection)

For the trusted connection things will become a little tricky because we will need to create a ROLE with the proper authorisations.

But first things first. To keep the configuration as simple as possible we will create in both systems the same user. So in your working client in ABC as in your working client of solution manager (SOL) create a user (for example SOLMAN)

After this has been done we will create the ROLES needed for the trusted connection.

In your Satelite system (ABC) log on and perform the transaction PFCG

In the field Role provide a name (for example Z_TrustedRFC)

Then click on the button ROLE (to create this role)

Then click on the tab Authorisations...you will be prompted to save confirm this.

Then click on the button "Change Authorization Data"

You will be prompted if you want to use a template for your new role...."Do not Select templates"

On the top of the menu click on the little icon with the text "Manually"

Under authorisation object fill in S_RFCACL and S_RFC

Now under Authorization Check for RFC Access

You should set the following

Activity = execute (16)

Name of RFC to be protected = *

Type of RFC object to be prote = Function Group (FUGR)

Now under Authorization check for RFC user (ex. trusted system)

You should set

Activity = execute

RFC client or domain = Client number of your Solution manager (for example 100)

RFC same user ID = Call by same user is possible

RFC information

System ID (for R/3 and externa = SID of your solution manager (in my example = SOL)

RFC transaction code = ' ', SMEN

RFC User (R/3 or external) = ' '

' ' = single quote followed by space followed by single quote

Once this is OK save your Role and generate the role by clicking on the little icon representing a circle in red/white

Then go to the user tab and fill in the user we created earlier in the ABC system.

Save and thats all for now in the ABC system

Then log on to the solution manager system

Start transaction PFCG to create a new role (for example Z_TrustedRFC)

Then click on the button ROLE (to create this role)

Then click on the tab Authorisations...you will be prompted to save confirm this.

Then click on the button "Change Authorization Data"

You will be prompted if you want to use a template for your new role...."Do not Select templates"

On the top of the menu click on the little icon with the text "Manually"

Under authorisation object fill in S_RFCACL

Now under Authorization check for RFC user (ex. trusted system)

You should set

Activity = execute

RFC client or domain = Client number of your Satelite system ABC (for example 200)

RFC same user ID = Call by same user is possible

RFC information

System ID (for R/3 and externa = SID of your Satelite systel (in my example = ABC)

RFC transaction code = ' ', SMEN

RFC User (R/3 or external) = ' '

' ' = single quote followed by space followed by single quote

Save and generate the role

Then go to the user tab and fill in the user we created earlier in the SOL system.

Now we are ready for the creation of the RFC connections.

But come back to me when this is done.

Kind Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

i have created the user BASIS and i assign the authroisation object S_RFCAL , S_RFC but in my DEV , QAS, and SOL in all systems having the same user name , and having the same authorisations, as u said that , assign the client and user names in the role , but here in which SID system Which SID should i add can u please help me. i have activatd and scheduled SDCC in Dev, Qas today i got EWA reports from SAP but how i can open them canyou please tell me.

cheers.