Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

JDBC

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Currently I am developeing scenarios using File/JDBC adapters

So while sendor side jdbc adapter(Receiver), What is exact functinality of Exactly-Once Handling

1)Local

a)Error

b)Redo

2)Database

Please help me out, i was gown through SAP HELP but I am not getting excat picture?

thanks

Sushma

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

thanks

former_member556603
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hello Sushma,

Hope these links are useful to you...

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/b0/676b3c255b1475e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Exactly Once handling.:

For example, if there is no primary key field in the database table or if the data is already being processed by another application and it is then deleted, when the first attempt at message processing is interrupted by an external termination of the adapter process immediately after the database commit, a message can be duplicated. This problem can only be solved if message processing and status information management take place in the same database so that the processing steps have the same commit cycle.

In the database where the write-to tables are located you must create an additional table with two columns for this purpose. Column 1 must be of type character with length 36 (or more) and have the name XIMessage_ID. Column 2 must be of type integer and have the name XIMessage_Ts. This table is made known to the adapter as follows:

db.tableForExactlyOnceHandling=<table name>

Set this value to use the specified database table instead of file-based Exactly-Once processing. If the table does not exist or the columns cannot be found or are of the wrong type, then a corresponding error is triggered and the adapter will not be started.

Thanks,

Satya Kumar

Edited by: SATYA KUMAR AKKARABOYANA on Jul 29, 2008 12:31 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi

excatly once handling deals with

Set this value to use the specified database table instead of file-based Exactly-Once processing. If the table does not exist or the columns cannot be found or are of the wrong type, then a corresponding error is triggered and the adapter will not be started.

ref this

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04s/helpdata/en/b0/676b3c255b1475e10000000a114084/frameset.htm

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi sushma_m,

Exactly-once means that the integration engine makes shure, that a message is only sent once to the receiver system. Exactly-once in order means, that messages are delivered in the same order and only once to the sender system.

Hope this helps.

Regards Andreas

Edited by: Andreas on Jul 29, 2008 12:04 PM