Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

HR Security

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have to be amended, authorisation profile for HR Fire.There I Have to add 0041.

e.g.Tcode OOSB

Could you please advice How we can add 0041.

Regards

Santosh

15 REPLIES 15

former_member74904
Contributor
0 Kudos

in T-code OOSB you assign structural profiles to users. in this table (T77UA) you enter your username and the profile, which is I presume called 0041??

you also have the possibility to assign this profile for a particular period.

0 Kudos

Dear,

Thanks for your response.In OOSB we have one Auth. profiile HRFIRE there it contains value 0042 but I need to add 0041 also.

Please let me know the process to add it in auth profile.

Regards

Santosh

0 Kudos

you should be a little more specific about this. there are several fields in T77UA and I can only guess where 0041 belongs to.

Former Member
0 Kudos

To modify structural authorization, you can use t-code OOSP. Then you can add 0041 to profile HRFIRE.

Once done, you can use t-code OOSB to assign profile HRFIRE to user.

0 Kudos

Hi,

In OOSP HRFIRE entries are as follow.

HRFIRE 1 01 O 50000853 O-S-P 12

HRFIRE 2 01 D

HRFIRE 3 01 E

HRFIRE 4 01 Q

HRFIRE 5 01 QK

HRFIRE 6 01 C

HRFIRE 7 01 F

HRFIRE 8 01 G

HRFIRE 9 01 H

HRFIRE 10 01 K

HRFIRE 11 01 L

____________ ___ __ __ ________ ________ _____

Please advice where I can change 0041.

Regards

Santosh

0 Kudos

you should really ask the person who requested to add this "0041" what it is that they are talking about.

0041 does not seem to be an object ID which should be added in your structural profile.

are they perhaps talking about an employeenumber that should be assigned this HRFIRE profile?

0 Kudos

Dear Dimitri,

Through PA20, In Personal no fields when user is trying to search for a person (Terry) it says missing Authorisation.we have created one structural profile that is called HRFIRE.

If I will add required user in OOSB Transaction code then this user ids not able to see one employee called Terry. Terry has Structural profile as MMANAGER.

But If I will remove username from HRFIRE structural profile then he can view all users.

User & Terry (which detail she wanted to view are from different department).

User has structural profile as HRFIRE.Terry Have Structural profile as MMANAGER.

How this user (With profile HRFIRE) can see detail of a person who has structural profile as MMANAGER.

Regards

Santosh

0 Kudos

>

> How this user (With profile HRFIRE) can see detail of a person who has structural profile as MMANAGER.

>

> Regards

> Santosh

Santosh,

I need a few more information before I can offer a solution.

1. Who is "User A" (Person running PA20 to lookup "User B") - is he/she a chief/manager on the OM.

2. Who is "User B" - is he/she a chief/manager on the OM.

3. Under what OM (Org Structure) is "User A & B". Are they both in OM "50000853"

4. What PD function module are you using "RH_GET_ORG_ASSIGNMENT" or "RH_GET_MANAGER_ASSIGNMENT"?

-John N.

0 Kudos

Dear John,

1. User A is HR Advisor. She is from Human resource department for Fire & safety department. Now she needs to access all the information from Community Safety department with User B on top.

2. User B is Chief of Community Safety

3. User A has OM 50000853 while User B has 50000408

4. I am quite new to this so please advice me How I can check type of PD functional module.

Regards

Santosh

0 Kudos

>

> 4. I am quite new to this so please advice me How I can check type of PD functional module.

>

To check your PD functional module go on the very right side of the PD (OOSP).

Here is your example above, just to the very right of this is the PD functional module.

Example Above:

In OOSP HRFIRE entries are as follow.

HRFIRE 1 01 O 50000853 O-S-P 12 (right of this will be the PD functional module)

HRFIRE 2 01 D

HRFIRE 3 01 E

HRFIRE 4 01 Q

HRFIRE 5 01 QK

HRFIRE 6 01 C

HRFIRE 7 01 F

HRFIRE 8 01 G

HRFIRE 9 01 H

HRFIRE 10 01 K

HRFIRE 11 01 L

0 Kudos

Dear John,

Funtional Module field is empty.There is not eny enry maintained in this field.

Regards

Santosh

0 Kudos

>

> Dear John,

>

> Funtional Module field is empty.There is not eny enry maintained in this field.

>

> Regards

> Santosh

Santosh,

In that case your PD for HRFIRE is setup incorrectly.

HRFIRE 1 01 O 50000853 O-S-P 12 - This states you want the person assign to this PD only to have access to OM 50000853 (HR person's OM). It should be the other way round, enter the OMs the HR advisor needs to access. If the HR advisor needs access to all the OM, create a new role witout PD and assign it to he HR advisor. Remember PDs job is mainly to restrict.

Good Luck!

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for advice it is quite helpful.

I checked manager profile & their I found FD as RH_GET_MANAGER_ASSIGNMENT.but in HRFIRE profile their is no entry maintained for FD

As you have suggested I have created another profile where I have not mentioned any Organisation Unit but still same problem.Please advice If I need to do any changes in PPOME transaction also.

when we are chenging profile HRFIRE Does we need to change anything else also?

Please advice.

Regards

Santosh

0 Kudos

Hi John,

Continue with above message...

I have created one dummy user(By copying HR advisor) & created one structural profile with particular Organisational unit.With this dummy user I am able to access all the detail as required by HR advisor person.

But if I will assign this profile to affected user then he is not able to access.

i think to make these chenges effective we need to make changes somewhere else also(e.g. PPOME).I am not sure exactly what we have to change.

Please advice me on this.

Regards

Santosh

0 Kudos

>

> Hi John,

>

>

> Continue with above message...

>

>

> I have created one dummy user(By copying HR advisor) & created one structural profile with particular Organisational unit.With this dummy user I am able to access all the detail as required by HR advisor person.

>

> But if I will assign this profile to affected user then he is not able to access.

>

> i think to make these chenges effective we need to make changes somewhere else also(e.g. PPOME).I am not sure exactly what we have to change.

>

> Please advice me on this.

>

> Regards

> Santosh

Santosh,

It looks like you have one additional profile in play on your issue besides HRFIRE. I think you need somebody to remote to your system to resolve this issue. They need to look at the user, roles with PD definition, PD settings, PD assignments, OM location of user, etc.

There are too many factors in your issue to give you a good assessment on the cause of the problem. I'm sorry but it is getting to a point when this will be rather difficult to troubleshot from here.

I really wish you the best and good luck!

Regards,

John N.