cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Migration Step by Step

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear sirs!

I need to perform heterogeneous system copy from Solaris on AIX (with Oracle 10g).

I've read "System Copy for SAP Systems Based on SAP Web Application Server ABAP 6.40 SR1", but I need to agregate all information. Please help

I blank system preparation with preparing tables and other...

Start with "Database-Specific Procedures"

1) copy ORABRCOPY.SAR from /IM_<xx>/SAPINST/UNIX/COMMON/INSTALL/ORA/ORABRCOPY.SAR to myInstDir. Unpack loaded archive.

2) take command "./ora_br_copy.sh u2013targetSid <TARGET_DBSID> -password <systemu2019s password> -listenerPort <listener port>"

3) analyze control.<trc and sql>, init<myNewSID> files

4) Stop and restart DB (check ora.brcopy.log)

5) CHECK filesystem on AIX (the same file structure as on Solaris and filesize for each directory and grant ora<sid> for their)

6) Install SAP system with option Oracle Backup/Recovery

7) Install Oracle

😎 Creating an Offline Backup

9) Restoring the Database Files on the Target System

Need I to perfrom above steps or I can do only export import using SAPinst?

Thank you for your reply

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

antonio_voce
Contributor
0 Kudos

You have two possibilities :

Or use database independent procedure ( export/import )

Or use database specific procedure ( not export/import )

In both case you must follow the installation guide you have mentioned.

I prefer export import procedure. Prepare the blank system running sapinst the use the export you make from your source system.

you have sap Solution manager for generate migration key for target installation.

Antonio,.

Edited by: Antonio Voce on Jul 29, 2008 11:59 AM

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Can anybody advice to me any courses or training?

Former Member
0 Kudos

http://www.sap.com/services/education/

course TADM70

cheers,

-Sunil

Former Member
0 Kudos

1.As per SAP standard guidelines ,the hetrogeneous migration shall be done by only Certified OSDB migration consultant.

2.You have to inform SAP about the plans of migration

3.You shall use sapinst to do the migration.

4.You require a migration key and that can be generated with the help of SAP or by certified consultant.

5.You may need to download relevent notes as the preparation or may download during the export process.

6.The SAPINST export the source database (creates the export cd' n the lay mans language).

7.Then prepare the target (new instance ) with sapinst It is same as new installation but during the installation it will ask the path of export cd's,you can point this to your export dump.

8.Do the post processing and finish the task.

Let me know if you require any further information.

Hope it helps.

Amit Asthana

Former Member
0 Kudos

To add to this topic, attend SAP training TADM70 which addresses OS/DB migration in detail. Let the project team know that this is critical and allocate funds for it for successful implementation.

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

Hi,

first, I'd like to mention that, to get support from SAP when doing a heterogeneous system copy of your production system, you need a certified consultant in system copies.

second, follow the instructions on the manual/notes to the letter. I'm pretty sure if you read the heterogeneous system copy manual, nowhere is mentioned backup/restore.

nevertheless, as you have oracle 10g, you could follow the instructions from the SAP Note 1003028 - Enhanced support for system copy in BR*Tools:

The support for ... heterogeneous database copies is based on the BRSPACE function "Recreate database" and on the Oracle 10g feature "Cross-Platform Transportable Tablespaces".

Again, strongly recommended to read properly the note and do not try to deviate from it.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> I need to perform heterogeneous system copy from Solaris on AIX (with Oracle 10g).

Heterogeneous copies must be done using R3load - not backup/restore.

You can, however, use transportable tablespaces to do the copy.

Markus