cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Condition Record for a Header Condition?????

Former Member
0 Kudos

Friends,

The Client has a business requirement as follows:

1.They have over 100 transport vendors to cater to their

Shipping requirements across the country.

2.The freight charges are different for all transporters.

3. These charges are to be put at the HEADER level in the Sales Order.

6. They do not want to enter the freight charges manually (referring to a seperately maintained freight charges/transporter list).

6. They want the freight charges to be put at header level AUTOMATICALLY once the Transporter is chosen from the header partner function.

Is it possible to maintain a condition record for a condition which is defined as a 'Header Condition'.

To the best of my knowledge, we cannot maintain a condition record for a Header Condition.Header condition means all values are to be put manully.

Please advise.

Thanks.

Mohammed Raheel

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

0 Kudos

Hi Mate,

Here you go. This is the best solution and it should work for you.

Create the fright condition type and uncheck the check boxes header condition and item condition. This action will let you enter an access sequence for the condition type. This fulfills the requirement for having the condition type to be automatic.

For this condition type to appear only at the header level and not at the item level, this is quite tricky. First thing that struck my mind is to check the "group condition" and point the "grp cond routine* to 1. This does not work because you have unchecked the Header Condition check box.

The other alternative to acheive the second requirement keeping the first requirement in place is to write a routine and assign it to the requirements column against the freight condition type in the pricing procedure. The routine will make sure that this condition is not picked up at the item level. If it is picked up you delete it programatically.

Please make sure you do not mark this condition as manual in the pricing procedure.

This should work.

Thanks

Ram

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Ram,

Now we have convinced the customer that we shall explore this option and provide it post Go Live.

The system is going live in the next one week's time, its not advisable for us to explore, test, verify and incorporate it in the provided solution.

Laurie, if you can share how you ppl handled this, will add to option along with what Ram suggested here.

Anyways guys, I shall be watching this thread, please keep sharing your views.

Thanks,

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

I, too, convinced the business to handle this another way, outside of SAP. For my purposes, the header value was to compute a total cost against a budgeted amount. Now, we will use a lower budget amount. This is not as accurate, but it is all we can do and still get our project into PRD on a timely basis.

Former Member
0 Kudos

We are planning to do a z development after sometime.

It will store values in a seperate z table with combination of destination and no of line items.

The value will be determined from the ship to party location and total no of line items in Sales Order.

This value will be put in Freight condition at the SO header level.

No manual intervention will be required in the process.

If it works fine, we shall share the code with all.

Cheers,

Mohammed

Former Member
0 Kudos

This message was moderated.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

In this case,

the same can be done through Incoterms.

Go to Customer Master --> Billing --> Incoterms

Now, if key-in:

CIF --> Picks both, transport & Packing

EX --> Packaging only

and

SH --> none

Thats all i can say..

Best is to put the same query in MM-Module.

Best regards,

Amit.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit for your response.

The incoterms will not solve this problem.

The values of the condition will not be fetched by the system at header level.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Mohammed, did you ever solve this? I have a similar business requirement. I need to add a charge to the order based on the number of total units on the order. It seems like a header condition type would be correct, but I need the condition type to auto populate, I cannot expect Customer Service to manually add it to every order, for a variety of reasons. I am hoping that you did find a solution and you can tell me about it. Laurie

Former Member
0 Kudos

Unfortunately, I could not find a definitive answer to my query.

If anyone has similar query with solution, kindly share.

Thanks.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Maintain Custom Condition Type: ZTRS for Transportation charges and make it available in to your Pricing Procedure.

Key-in Proper Column entries for the same.

Best Regrads,

Amit.

NOTE: Please lemme know, if I am wrong or mis-understood the question.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Amit, but you have not understood the query correctly.

We already have a freight condition in the Pricing Procedure (ZFRI) which is defined as Header Condition.

We enter all values for this condition manually based on the Customer/Transporter conbination.

Point here you have to understand is that the Freight value should be populated automatically for the customer/transporter combination 'Automaticaly' at the header level.

The no of line items in the sales order are very high. So the freight charges are to be entered at header level.

So in order to pull the value automatically at header level we have to maintain a condition record.

This is not possible for a Header Condition.

Is there a way to get a condition record at the header level condition?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello !!

First of all, thanks a lot for sharing this Issue with us........your query is very Interesting and relevant as well.

As far as my knowledge goes, system will never allow you to assign access squence for a Header Condition...so condition records can not be maintained for Header condition.

I have forwarded your Query to my Colleagues also...the moment i got any relevant answer, i will revert you back.

Thanks,

MAYANK

Former Member
0 Kudos

The best I have come up with so far is a suggestion on a thread titled "Activating Automatic pricing for Header condition in Sales Order.

I have not successfully implemented it yet, but if I do, I will post again and let you know what we did to make it work.

Edited by: Laurie Crow on Oct 1, 2008 6:20 PM