cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Transfering data from one user to another user.

former_member633158
Participant
0 Kudos

In our organization there are situation like the user changes to a new organization or into a new role.

Is there any standard programme / transaction where we can transfer the EBP data from one user to another user like(SC,PO, Goods Receipient etc.,)

This is also useful when a user leaves the company and we wants to transfer the relevant SC, PO, Goods receipent responsibilities to the new joiner for the same position.

--

erpMAN

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. There is no good solution for this as far as I know.

There are various threads on SDN about how you can change the business partner in the tables of the carts or POs in table CRMD_PARTNER to be the partner of the new user, but this is changing standard tables so many people do not like doing this.

The best thing you can do for users leaving is not to delete them. Lock them and set the validity dates to invalid (you can write a program calling BAPI_USER_LOCK and BAPI_USER_CHANGE to do this) and then delete them after 3 or 6 months.

This leaves the old business partner in place, so at least users with central goods receipt can do the receipts in SRM and so on.

You could use the same new program if you write one that locks the user to set a date when they will be deleted and the program could also delete the users (BAPI_USER_DELETE).

I hope this was of some help, I do feel SAP should provide a solution to this though, it seems to be one of the main recurring issues on SDN.

Regards,

Dave.

former_member633158
Participant
0 Kudos

Dave

Thanks for your help.

We are locking the users at the moment.

I am not a technical consultant.

The question we have at the moment is , when a user leaves we wants to tranfer all his EBP related responsibilites and data to the new user.

We asked our consultants but they said, they needs to develop a new programme for this, so i was wondering since, this is a basic requirement and SAP should have provide the solution by default rather developing a customized programme for the same.

Regards

erpMAN.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. I think custom development is the only way at the moment.

What we should all do is put in a development request with SAP.

If enough people request the same thing they should provide it as standard in a new release.

Regards,

Dave.

former_member633158
Participant
0 Kudos

Dear Dave

I agree with you.

But how we can take this further and collect the opinions.

Many thanks for your time and help.

Regards

erpMAN

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi. You can raise a development request via SAP Service Marketplace:

http://service.sap.com/rollin

They have made it a bit harder recently, they want you to go via your SAP support group if you are in one, and will give preference to requests from support groups.

We are in one, I will try and find out how we log the request via them.

If you raise one and we do and hopefully some other people reading this thread do (nudge nudge everyone) then maybe in the next release SAP will provide some standard functionality for this.

Regards,

Dave.

Answers (0)