cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Background jobs

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ! all SAP Gurus,

What are Background jobs and how do we create it.As a functional consultant what am i expected to do on it.

regds,

Talluri

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

SAP background job processing allows the automation of routine tasks and the optimization of the use of SAP computing resources. It provides you with extensive functions for scheduling and administering background jobs.

Before the actual background processing can start, you must first define and schedule the background jobs. You can use transaction SM36 to schedule back ground jobs. SM37 can be used to administer the jobs.

Eg: If we want schedule billing process as a job, we need to create the back ground job for the same.Based on the selection variant maintined in SM36, system will run the job at the time it is specified.

Prase

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

SAP background jobs are used to perform the operations automatically without any manual intervention, I wanted to create the delivery documents automatically once the schedule line in the sales order is confirmed and we have standard program to create the delivery documents and i will schedule that program in a background and i will execute that in the night daily, so that the delivery documents will be created automatically.

If you want to create a background job, then you need to use SM36 transaction by giving the program name and a variant for that program, variant is nothing but the selection screen values. You can monitor the same job in SM37 transaction.

You can set the frequency for the job to execute like hourly, daily or monthly depending upon your requirement.

Thanks,

Mahesh.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can create background job in SM36 by giving Program Name and Variant name and you can view the status at SM37.

Cheers !!!

Imzo