cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedded implicit personalization for Web Dynpro Java?

0 Kudos

Hi,

By CTRL + Right mouse click, end users have a facility to change the order of columns in a WebDynpro table. This is how implicit personalization works for Web Dynpro Java in SAP NetWeaver 7.0. We like to use this function for the ESS scenario Record Working Time.

However my key-users find this way of personalization (ctrl + right click) not very user friendly. And I agree because we have to teach all users to do this correct.

Instead I would like to have a button (e.g. "Personalize table"). If a user clicks on this button the same personalization window should open. I found a document of Web Dynpro ABAP where this is called embedding implicit configuration. There is an ABAP interface called IWD_PERSONALIZATION to be used (http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw70/helpdata/EN/fd/2da442dc030e31e10000000a1550b0/frameset.htm).

Is there anything like this for Web Dynpro Java? I searched the SDN but cannot find information about it. Can anyone please help me out with this?

Any thoughts/ideas will be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Implicit personalization has been improved massively in release 7.1. The personalization APIs are not accessible from normal applications.

Armin

0 Kudos

Hi Armin,

Thank you for the quick response. Can you give some more details of the improvements in CE 7.1?

Eric

Former Member
0 Kudos

In 7.1 the implicit personalization is available as a real context menu. (If an application defines a context menu by itself, the personalization entry is appended automatically)

The UI for the role-based (administrator) personalization and the end-user personalization have been completely reimplemented, there is better support for custom extension fields, making fields visible/invisible etc.

Armin

Answers (0)