SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Replicating ECC Data to CRM 2007 server

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I want to replicate ISU specific data from ECC server to crm 2007 server. Can you suggest any possible ways to do so.

Also forward any relevant documents at karanchopra.kc(AT)gmail(DOT)com

Thanks,

Karan Chopra

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Use the standard replication function between CRM and ISU. You can also enhance it if necesarry.

There's a SAP cookbook on the subject on the marketplace.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

kevin_dewilde
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Use the standard replication function between CRM and ISU. You can also enhance it if necesarry.

There's a SAP cookbook on the subject on the marketplace.

0 Kudos

Hi,

Thanks for the reply. I am working on specific objects within IS-U and thereby am required to replicate them from ECC 6.0 to CRM 2007 server.

Objects such as Device,Device Category,Registers, Registers Group,Installation are required to be replicated to the CRM 2007 server.

Would appreciate if you can assist on the same.

Thanks,

Karan Chopra

0 Kudos

Technical master data does not exist in CRM.

You need to replicate this data into the POD in CRM.

However you might want to:

• Convince your client it's not a good idea to duplicate everything to CRM, there's a reason why they are two systems

• Investigate the possibilities of custom replication objects (I'm not an expert on that, but from what i've heard it's not easy to get working)

• Look into the possibility of using RFC calls to access the data directly in ISU from CRM, instead of replicating it.

good luck!

0 Kudos

Hi Kevin,

See the business requires us to first populate the data into ISU Server from the legacy system and then replicate some of the objects from ISU Server to CRM server.

Can you suggest any ways to acomplish this ?