cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TREX and Document management

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have configured service desk successfully and now want to make use solution data base functionality. So that it would be possible to search for solution within solman data base.

Is TREX necessary for this? Is Wily-Introscope License mandatory for that? Can I do this without TREX?

How can I manage configuration doc and project doc and able to search as and when required?

How should I move forward?

Points would be rewarded.

Regards,

Nikhil

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

for the use of Solution Database within Service Desk you need the TREX integration.

How to connect the TREX to SolMan you will find in the implementation guide (TA SPRO) in SolMan.

--> SAP Solution Manager --> Configuration --> Scenario-Specific Settings --> Service Desk --> Solution Database

To search within documents you assigned to your business processes in a project you can follow this instructions:

SPRO > SAP Solution Manager> Configuration --> Scenario-Specific Settings --> Cross-scenario Settings --> Document Mangement --> Servers --> Connect Index Server for Fulltext Search

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

Thank you for your reply. Now I have got enough database in CRM_DNO_MONITOR.

If I want to check whether the same problem has already been answered then how can I search for solution from existing support message?(After configuring TREX)

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

it is important to separate between solution database and incident history...these are two different things.

If you use the solution database, that means that you transfer completd incidents into this Solution database (there you define symptoms and solutions) you can integrated the mentioned fulltext search with the TREX.

In the Service Desk there exits up to now no possibility to integrate such a full text search in the incident long text.

In CRM_DNO_MONITOR you can search with keywords within the incident description. Or you can search for specific SAP components or if you defined them in customizing for a specific subject or category...

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

That means I need to maintain soluton in TREX. If some support message is answered and now I want to send this solved message to TREX data base, how can I do that?

I have configured Problem and Solution short text.

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

you have the possibility to transfer incidents with an action in CRMD_ORDER to the solution database. The action is "SLFN0001_ADVANCED_SDB_CREATE Create Solution in Solution Database".

By selcting this action a wizzard will start and transfer the incident details to a symptom and a solution semiautomatic.

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Thomas,

After configuring Problem & solution, SAF, Solution database

how can I assign it to service desk of Solution manager?

Regards,

Nikhil

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

in your incident you can start a search in the solution data base on the tab "Transaction data" --> "Solution Database".

Regards

Thomas

Former Member
0 Kudos

solved