cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Value Mapping not in cache

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi all,

I've ceated a value mapping table manually in the IB (Config) using the tool. I also created a VM Group.

However it is not picking up the new values and I can't find the VMG in the RWB Cache either....

Im only dealing with small number of entries so I don't need a mass reproduction...

Any help welcome..

cheers,

Eric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Try initially with editing only 1 row at a time and check if the update is made. May be the update is taking much time.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Sorry guys, no go..

just a question: after creating the VM table for the first time - manually..do I need to run message interface: ValueMappingReplication ??

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Not mandatory.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Prateek - still no go. I've refreshed the cache etc..changed entries in the table but it is just not showing up at all.

If I don't have to run ValueMappingReplication..how will these values end up in the RWB cache ??

cheers,

eric

prateek
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

When u create the value mapping in ID and activate it, the entry is made in the runtime cache.

Regards,

Prateek

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Eric,

In ID check Cache Notifications from the menu Environment. Check if all your entries are in green color. If not repeat the cache update for the failing entries. Also, try clearing SLD data Cache from the same Environement menu.

Regards,

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Jais...that did it. I had to recash the entried in Cache Notifications. Thanks again...

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Thanks Jais...that did it.

Glad to hear that.

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

> I've ceated a value mapping table manually in the IB (Config) using the tool. I also created a VM Group.

> However it is not picking up the new values and I can't find the VMG in the RWB Cache either....

Hi,

Have you refreshed your cache (CPA & SXI_CACHE)?

Also clear the SLD Data Cache from Intergaration Dirtectory menu "Environment".

Try to run end-end scenario and see in MONI if there are corresponding values from VM. In general it never gives problem in comparsion to VM Replication.

Regards,

Sarvesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Check this URL for Value Mapping clarification:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/2a/9d2891cc976549a9ad9f81e9b8db25/frameset.htm

Thanks,

Boopathi

Former Member
0 Kudos

Boopathi..that link is about Value Mapping Replication for Mass Data ..hardly what I'm looking for,

Former Member
0 Kudos

Try a CPACache refresh and also check the OSS note

https://service.sap.com/sap/support/notes/858766

BR

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi ,

You can see all data of the value mapping tables using the

runtime workbench: Go to the IntegrationBuilder->

Integration Monitoring->Cache Monitoring, select 'Search

for Value-Mapping' and choose your context.

regards

kummari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Kummari - as said: I can't find the VMG in the RWB Cache either....

Former Member
0 Kudos