cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Two Oracle databases on one AIX Server - Note working, Pls Help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I have installed Two SAP systems with Two Oracle Databases on one AIX machine, The Installation of both the systems went fine without any errors, and also i have been able to login to both the systems seperately. (that means i cant start both the systems at a time, its one at a time)

But the problem is of the Oracle Listener, i am not able to start both the systems with single Oracle Listener processes(tnslistener). I tried all the possible scenarios as mentioned in note 98252 but nothing seems to be of any use so far.

the thing is i can start either one of the SAP Systems, But my objective is to start both the SAP Systems with one listener processes (LISTENER) and one listener port (1527)

Or

you can say i am also ready to keep two different listeners for TWO seperate Oracle databases, I tried doing so as per one of the sap notes in which you have to keep different names of listener and different numbers for listener port for second ORACLE database. I tried doing exactly mentioned in the note but yet unsuccessful...

Now i am completely lost as what is to be done since its critical i want you to immediately look into it and suggest me the appropriate solution so that i can set up both of my DEVELOPMENT and QUALITY system running...

To troubleshoot this if you require anything from my side then please feel free to ask me since our functional consultants have to soon start working on the SAP systems.

Regards

Ayush

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

JPReyes
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

The note you specified talk about 2 database instances not 2 databases... (I was starting to wonder how you deploy 2 databases), you can have multiple database instances on a DB. The note also give you detailed explanation of the configuration of listener.ora

Now, if this is the case and you have installed 2 instances (not databases) on the same host and configured the listener according to the note, then you should be able to call R3trans -d from both SID's.. if the R3trans fails please post the contents of trans.log here.

the thing is i can start either one of the SAP Systems, But my objective is to start both the SAP Systems with one listener processes (LISTENER) and one listener port (1527)

Then, the configuration of your listener.ora file must be incorrect.

Regards

Juan

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Juan,

You got it right, that i installed two Oracle instances on one AIX box. and i was looking for something as to how i should troubleshoot it further.... which you simplified by telling me to do R3trans -d and it should work from both the instances and to look at trans.log...

Fine let me troubleshoot this with your suggestion, and i will get back to you with trans.log

Thanks

Ayush

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> But the problem is of the Oracle Listener, i am not able to start both the systems with single Oracle Listener processes(tnslistener). I tried all the possible scenarios as mentioned in note 98252 but nothing seems to be of any use so far.

If you would tell us the problem we could certainly advise something. Just saying "it does not work" leaves plenty of room for speculation.

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I really need your help if you could do something, do you need some logs from my side. Any files that i could send to you so that you can have a look.

Please feel free since i dont know exactly what should i send you...

Regards

Ayush

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Ayush,

if you say that something "is not working" then you have to diagnose that somehow, yes? What happens if you start the listener? How can you say it´s not working?

Markus

fidel_vales
Employee
Employee
0 Kudos

>

> i want you to immediately look into it and suggest me the appropriate solution so that i can set up both of my DEVELOPMENT and QUALITY system running...

>

> Regards

> Ayush

Sorry, perhaps my limited English skills make me read/understand something is not there.

But you can demand that from SAP support, but not from a FORUM where the people helps in a volunteer base.

Please, read the "Rules of Engagement".

And if it is soooo urgent, then open a message at SAP support.

Lately I'm not much on the Forums, but this kind of attitude make me wonder ...

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Fidel,

I apologize for the mail, i had sent this mail to the SAP SUPPORT and i had copy and paste it here...

I didnt mean to demand what you thought and wrote in your reply, I am being misunderstood and i sincerely apolozige for this..

i am looking for some help...

Regards

Ayush