cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Inspection plan change

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Guru

my inspection lot is created already and then i added one inspection characteristics in inspection plan, now i want to result record of that new inspection plan but when i go for result record there is old inspection plan.

please give me solution how to take new inspection plan in result recording ?

Regards

Pravin

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Pravin,

It is clear that when you have added the MIC to the inspection plan the inspection lot was already released (Status 'REL'). It means system has already read the inspection plan data for the inspection lot. If then you amend any thing to the inspection plan it will not incorporated in the inspection lot hence lot has already read the plan data.

So now to rectify it if you have not started the RR, then Go to inspection lot change mode (QA02),,then follow the path. Inspection lot->Function->Withdraw Approval.

Then Run trx QAC3 to cancel the generated physical samples If there any.

Then again go to QA02 and again assign the inspection plant to the lot. (Remember here the Key Date must be later then the change you have done in the Inspection plan.)

Now the inspection plan with the added MIC will assign to the lot and that will be appeared for RR.

And If you have already started in the RR, then you can't do the above ratification activity. so simply add the same MIC to the RR as Un-planned MIC. record the Results.

Regards,

Shyamal

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

As suggested by Shyamal, it is possible to assign new specification by changing the lot in tcode QAC3 & then reassigning the inspection plan in QA02 with new key date.

Means if lot is cretaed on say 20.07.2008 & no QM processing still done on the lot (i.e. defect, result recording etc etc), & the plan is changed on 29.07.2008, then also you can assign the new plan by above procedure.

If not then anytime in result recording (before UD) u can add MIC by clicking 'CREATE ADDITIONAL CHAR'.

0 Kudos

Hello Pravin,

fact is that you can only assign a plan which has a creation date that is prior to the creation of the inspection lot.

Furthermore if you change the plan, then these changes are not updated in existent inspection lots.

If you want to create a possibility to change the plan although the inspection lot has been created, I would recommend that you check if you can use the Exit QPL10001 which is processed in QA02, meaning that you can change the plan using QA02 and by implementing a pop-up in the named exit.

I hope that this information helps you find a correspondent solution.

Regards,

Isabelle

former_member42744
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You CAN assign a plan to an inspection lot with an earlier creation date then the plan. This is done all the time when materials get activated but no plans yet exist.

The key date which can be changed in QA02 is the critical date field. I don't believe you can change the key date to earlier then the creation date, but you can make it later.

Therefore, the plan does not have to be created prior to the inspection lot.

In this case, the question is whether the system will allow a new plan to be used when a plan has already been assigned. The answer is it depends. It depends on what has been done to the inspection lot, its status and the settings of the lot. In some cases, it is possible. But I find this window of opportunity to be very slim.

The end user has really not provided enough information like status of lot, inspection type, etc. to really know for sure.

Craig

Former Member
0 Kudos

In QA02 follow the menu path

Edit --> additional char, enter the required MIC.

Now you can enter the resulkts to new MIC added.

I hope it will help

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rajesha,

I think in QA02 that functionality is not available. Can you focus some more light over it? Pls guide!!!

Regards,

Shyamal

Edited by: Shyamal Joshi on Jul 29, 2008 11:48 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

QA02 is available...what do you mean by not available?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I meant The functionality of adding the MIC to the specification / task list is not available at QA02 trx. I didn't meant QA02 trx is not available.

But

Dear Sir,

Now the matter is not whether it is available or not I asked querulously to improve my information bank how it is done in QA02.

Pls guide.

Regards,

Shyamal