cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problem with R3 4.6C Installation on RHEL4 x86_64

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello Experts,

We currently have the 4.6C system on Solaris (64 Bit) and the plan is to migrate to RHEL4 x86_64. I am trying to do a vanilla install of 4.6C SR2 (4.6D EXT kernel) with Oracle 10.2.0.2 on the Linux box as the first step.

I have gone through notes 946141 and 816145 and adapted the changes mentioned there. The installation has progressed smoothly until the database creation step.

What I've completed so far:

SAP Binaries extracted successfully

Oracle Database Software installed successfully

Oracle 10.2.0.2 Patchset installed successfully

I then continue the installation with R3setup and it creates the database successfully BUT I've noticed that its creating an older version of the tablespace which causes my installation to fail at the ORADBUSR_IND_ORA phase.

I have replaced the oradbusr.sql file from the one in note 573042. I have also confirmed that the DBSIZE.TPL and DDLORA.TPL in the installation directory are copied from the Export CD and have the latest tablespace names.

The last couple of lines from the oradbusr.log are:

. Oracle Version: 10.2.0.2.0

. Parametervalue os_authent_prefix: OPS$

. Schema Id: R3

. Database User (Schema): SAPR3

. SAP R/3 Administrator: OPS$DW1ADM

unable to assign default tablespace to user: SAPR3

begin

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-00959: tablespace 'PSAPUSER1D' does not exist

ORA-06512: at line 90

The tablespaces created in the database so far are:

SQL> select tablespace_name from dba_tablespaces;

TABLESPACE_NAME

-

SYSTEM

PSAPUNDO

SYSAUX

PSAPTEMP

PSAPR3

PSAPR346C

PSAPR3USR

The last three tablespaces (PSAPR3*) are really old and do not exist in my current environment.

Any ideas on how I could get over this problem? I could create the PSAPUSER1D manually but would prefer not to do it this way.

Thanks,

Cheng

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I Have de same problem ...my tablespaces are:

SQL> select tablespace_name from dba_tablespaces;

TABLESPACE_NAME

-

SYSTEM

PSAPUNDO

SYSAUX

PSAPTEMP

PSAPCVD

PSAPCVD46C

PSAPCVDUSR

7 rows selected.

and the oradbusr.log show:

using following Parameters:

. Oracle Version: 10.2.0.1.0

. Parametervalue os_authent_prefix: OPS$

. Schema Id: R3

. Database User (Schema): SAPR3

. SAP R/3 Administrator: OPS$CVDADM

unable to assign default tablespace to user: SAPR3

begin

ERROR at line 1:

ORA-00959: tablespace 'PSAPUSER1D' does not exist

ORA-06512: at line 90

Can you resolve your problem ? How?

Thank You.

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> . Oracle Version: 10.2.0.1.0

You are running an unsupported database version, update to at least 10.2.0.2 plus 50+ interim patches or use 10.2.0.4 + the latest interim an merge patches.

> unable to assign default tablespace to user: SAPR3

> begin

> *

> ERROR at line 1:

> ORA-00959: tablespace 'PSAPUSER1D' does not exist

> ORA-06512: at line 90

>

Please check note 361641 - Creating OPS$ users on UNIX - first section (means, do not use oradbusr.sql on systems <= 4.6)

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I have a message raised with SAP at the moment about this problem. So far they have given me a new kernel to run the installation with but the problem still remains.

As far as I can see, the installation is replacing the DBSIZE.TPL in the installation folder with a different version with the newer naming convention eg: PSAP<SID>USR instead of PSAPUSER1D.

I'll update this post if and when I get around this problem.

Regards,

Chengappa Ballachanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I 'm running a migration of a 4.6C R/3 system from HP-UX to Windows 2003. I' m using Oracle 10g.

Following the recommendations of the SAP notes, I chose the NEW installation mode. This means that I'm actually converting from the old tablespace layout to the new one (described on SAP Note 957917).

Obiously, tablespace PSAPUSER1D does not exist any more. So, I just ran onto the same problem that you 're describing.

What I did was:

a) I dropped my OPS$ user,

b) I recreated it using the command:

create user "OPS$<SID>ADM" default tablespace PSAPR3USR

temporary tablespace PSAPTEMP identified externally;

(as described in note 400241)

and

c) I edited the file "oradbusr.sql" which is located in my installation directory and replaced "psapuser1d" with "psapr3usr".

3 of my import processes have already finished succesfully.

Hope this helps you out as well.

Regards,

Konstantina

P.S. normally, you only need to perform steps a) and c). The script is supposed to create the user.

Former Member
0 Kudos

I had a similar Problem.

It was solved by using sapsr3 instead of sapr3 as sapschema owner.

The export or Installation CD were made with old Tablespace layout Tablespace PSAPSTABI and more.

With Oracle 10.2 and a changed Kernel 'CD' only the new layout is possible.

The Content of dbsize.tpl is parsed and changed to fit into the new layout.

A new dbsize.tpl is used in r3setup.

For example PSAPUSER1I and PSAPUSER1D are mapped to PSAPSR3USR.

The parsing Process needs a schema-owner of 6 characters sapsr3 or sap<sid>.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for the responses! I did try the installation with OLD (since that was meant to install with the old tablespace layout) mode but it failed with the same problem. Then I figured out the schema ID requiring to be 3 characters.

My intention was to create a dummy system in my migration from Solaris to Linux and then migrate the data across. Figured that since we are going to blow the database away anyway, I 'll do the SAP and Database software installation and then get the database recreated with the migration tool.

So I'm going to close this thread now. Thanks for having spent the time in responding to the thread.

Regards,

Chengappa Ballachanda

Former Member
0 Kudos

FYI: I had a similiar problem on a wintel machine and I manage to fix the issue. I decided to copy the two .TPL files from the export directory to the installation directory AND mark the two files as read only. This prevented R3SETUP to overwrite the files and it was then possible for R3SETUP to create the tablespaces with the old tablespace layout and import the database without any errors. I selected 'OLD' and 'R3' (for SAPR3) during R3SETUP.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi again,

I've just re-read this post and realized that I've posted the wrong information. The bit that is wrong is that the tablespaces being created are in the newer naming convention ie PSAP<SID> Eg: PSAPR3USR, while I need the older versions created. The tablespace names specified in the DBSIZE.TPL and DDLORA.TPL are the ones that I need created and these are from the Export CD.

Does anyone know where R3SETUP is getting this tablespace list from? The datafiles are also being created in the new format.

Tablespaces being created currently are:

TABLESPACE_NAME

SYSTEM

PSAPUNDO

SYSAUX

PSAPTEMP

PSAPR3

PSAPR346C

PSAPR3USR

Tablespaces that I need to be created is:

SYSTEM

PSAPROLL

PSAPTEMP

PSAPSTABI

PSAPSTABD

PSAPBTABI

PSAPBTABD

PSAPPOOLI

PSAPPOOLD

PSAPCLUI

PSAPCLUD

PSAPDDICI

PSAPDDICD

PSAPDOCUI

PSAPDOCUD

PSAPEL46CI

PSAPEL46CD

PSAPLOADI

PSAPLOADD

PSAPPROTI

PSAPPROTD

PSAPES46CI

PSAPES46CD

PSAPSOURCEI

PSAPSOURCED

PSAPUSER1D

PSAPUSER1I

Sorry for the confusion. hope someone has the solution.

Regards,

Cheng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Cheng,

Please follow the below notes to resove your issue:

Note 666061 - FAQ: Database objects, segments and extents( please read for the error ORA-00959 in this note)

Note 957917 - ORA: Conversion old > new Tablespace layout ( for getting more knowledge)

Hope it will resolves the issue, otherwise please let me know

Thanks

Kishore

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Kishore,

Thanks for the notes but I'm still stuck at the same step. Note 957917 is only for release 6.10 onwards.

Cheng

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

We currently have the 4.6C system on Solaris (64 Bit) and the plan is to migrate to RHEL4 x86_64. I am trying to do a vanilla install of 4.6C SR2 (4.6D EXT kernel) with Oracle 10.2.0.2 on the Linux box as the first step.

To do a migration you need to export your source system using R3load and import that exported system (heterogeneous migration). You can´s use backup/restore method due to endianess differences and you need a certified migration consultant on-site to assist you in the migration (http://service.sap.com/osdbmigration).

I have replaced the oradbusr.sql file from the one in note 573042. I have also confirmed that the DBSIZE.TPL and DDLORA.TPL in the installation directory are copied from the Export CD and have the latest tablespace names.

This is really strange - it should use the one you copied to the installation directory. Can you check if it´s using the correct one? Not that R3setup is re-copying it from the installation CD again...

Markus

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

A certified consultant will be on hand when the migration is done :). I'm just trying to do a straight forward install at the moment to iron out any other issues that might crop up, like the one that I'm facing now.

I've checked that the TPL files are still the same. Besides even if R3setup does re-copy it, it has the same content so it should work.

Going through the R3setup online help the COraCreateTsp phase has the following example where LIST points to the Z_ORACREATETSP which exists in the DBSIZE.TPL

[DBCREATETSP_IND_ORA]

CLASS=CoraCreateTsp

LIST=Z_ORACREATETSP

STEP_ENV=DB_ENV

The COraCreateTsp section in my DATABASE.R3S (which replaced the original file from note 816145) has the following:

[DBCREATETSP_LINUX_ORA]

ACTION=

CLASS=COraCreateTsp

CONFIRMATION=

CONFIRMED=

MAXSIZE=2000

MSGID=RI_GIST_DBCREATETSP_IND_IND

STATUS=OK

STEP_ENV=DB_ENV

The LIST parameter is missing so I'm not sure where its getting the tablespace list from.

Cheng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Markus,

I have since discovered that R3SETUP is copying over the DBSIZE.TPL file and replacing it with a different version to what I want. Any idea where it could be copying it from? I've checked the Export CD's and they all have the right version of it.

Thanks,

Cheng

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have since found this OSS Note: Note 393464 - R3SETUP: wrong Tablespace names.

Any idea where I can find the R3SETUP "patch" or the latest version? I've got the version which came in the CD 51020565 with the Sept 2003 timestamp.

7427941 Sep 12 2003 R3SETUP

Could someone point me to the more current version of this?

Thanks,

Cheng

markus_doehr2
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

If you have an extended maintenance contract you will find the newest version under

http://service.sap.com/patches

If you don´t see them there then you most likely have not that extended maintenance or your user is not assigned to that contract.

Markus