cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Configure a Network Printer

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guyz,

We did not configure printers on our SAP system, now we got a requirement to configure a network printer. Could you please determine or provide a link for configuring a network printer (Please dont give help.sap.com as this is very confusing.) This is how i tried,

tcode -> spad -> configuration -> output devices -> change (F8) -> create

output device -> Canon_printer

short name -> Canon

device type -> canon

device class -> standard printer

select tab access method

Host Spool Access Method -> S

Host printer : (what should i give here)

Destination host: ip address or name of network printer

Could you please determine whether this procedure is correct or anything we have to do. Our O.S. is UNIX & DB is Oracle.

Thanks

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Follow up the link, this may help you

Printer [setup|http://www.olemiss.edu/projects/sap/Printing_in_SAP_2_2004.pdf]

Rakesh

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Can you please check with your device type if possible choose other compatable device type for your printer.

We can we set the font we need in se73 transaction.

Hope it helps you

Regards

Rama.

Edited by: Rama Krishna on Jul 30, 2008 8:11 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Guyz,

My Device is Canon iR6800. I successfully configured my network printer. But the print it was giving is very small. I do know the transaction SE73 but how can i use it such that my printer gives a better prinout which is readable. Please advise me.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Checkout report code RSTXLMET this might help you....

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Guys,

can anybody plzz help me how to set the correct font my printer. I dont know nothing much of printers and sdn doent have good material on it. Though help.sap.com does have ..its as usual not straight. Can anybody plzz tell me or guide me to straight procedure how i can get better font print out.

Thank you

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

It all about different Device types, try changing the device types and check it will help you.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vamsi,

I selected the exact device type. canon IR8500. Shall i change it to different device type and try?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can give it a try no problem.

Regards,

Vamshi.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Vamsi ,

Everything looks fine.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Rajendran,

I guess the procedure is correct but You have specified

Host Spool Access Method -> S

I think you should use assess method as " U " i.e. for Printing using a remote UNIX server or Microsoft Windows PC.

and

Host printer : < It is the printer name on the remote host , Note : It is case sensitive >

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Amit,

Thanks for youre reply. I assigned the points.

So is there anything to do after this . I got one more doubt, Do i need to add the printer for users by going into SU01 or the user can select the printer himself when he hits the printer icon on the GUI?. All these days as there is no printer configured we are just giving LP01 when creating a user.

Regards

Former Member
0 Kudos

Users who are going to use that printer should configure that printer on their local machine.

For windows : Configure in control panel as default printer. (N/W team or User himself can configure this)

When users will fire print from SAP they can use input "LOCAL" from their computers.

Cheers!

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Everything is fine except the font from the print out. Where can we set the font we need. The font which the printer is printing is very small. We are unable to read it. How can we increase the size of font.

Thanks