cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Location Heuristic doesnot create orders

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

I have a product that is inhouse production at a location.

When I see the product view, there is a lot a demand coming in as SNP dependent demand and the available qty. is also below zero. Even though I rerun the location heuristic, the system doesnot create any planned orders. It is waiting 6 months and then plans orders all at once to satisfy the demand.

This demand is actually created as dependent demand as this product is part of that product's BOM.

Can somebody suggest anything?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Please check the leadtimes in the supply chain from point of demand to the point of supply. There surely must be a procurement lead time, transportation lead time or production lead time defined for 180 days or days of that order.

The other issue could be incorrectly defined calendars for different location.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

This is a inhouse production product and the planning calendar assigned to the resource is a 365 day working days calendar.

What kind of lead time could we have for a inhouse production?

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

check the component procurement leadtime. You can go into procurement tab of Location product and make this check on the component.

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is a problem with UOM conversion. The job was setup on a planning area with different UOM. So,t he job is giving no results.

Thanks every one for the help.

Former Member
0 Kudos

HI,

There are few things which might effect the Heuristic run.

1) Min Lot Size on PPM :

2) SNP Production Horizon : SNP can plan only beyond SNP Prod Hor

3) PP/DS Production Horizon:

4) Procurement Lead Timeof the component:

5) Demand as Sales order / Forecast?

6) Availability of the components.Components: Do you procure or produce?

7) Planned Delivery Time/Stock transfer Horizon

😎 Try Network heuristic too, See if the same result is showing up for the production location.

Let us know if it works.

My

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

Please check you SNP production horizon for the material,SNP will not create any receipts up to SNP production horizon,SNP will create the planned orders beyond the SNP production horizon.

Regards,

Prabhu