SAP for Utilities Discussions
Connect with fellow SAP users to share best practices, troubleshoot challenges, and collaborate on building a sustainable energy future. Join the discussion.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

fp09 - FI-CA returns: clarification procedure

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi experienced ones,

Return lot terminates with "incomplete posting" (status: "reworking necessary").

this could happen e.g. due to return amount different from payment amount OR -

SAP could not determine the payment item.

I need step by step guiding thru the sequence of activities, referred to as "clarification".

customization for return reasons + default clearing accounts was made.

tnx in advance for answers based on experience.

Robi

NB generous point grant

3 REPLIES 3

Former Member
0 Kudos

Robert,

You need to attach clarification account to RR codes @ IMG\FICA\Business Transactions\Returns\Configure Return Reasons.

After entering into the above screen, you need to enter clarification account << Near Return type, History, Cwno, Application form, Clarification Account >>.

Now go to FP09 and press 'Post' button . You'd be prompted 'Repost again'. Press Yes. The document wud be posted to clarification account. Though it appears as error log, you can view the clarification doucment either in FPCRL or via FP09 <<click post process..scroll the mouse right side...u'd see the clarification document number>>

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra

0 Kudos

tnx Rajendra,

as I see in the forums - yr advice is always useful...

1. there exists a separate customization for a single clarification account, independently from specific return reasons. I understand that this "holds" for all RRs, is it?

Is it really necessary to customize a clar. acc. for each RR individually?

I presume, that the clarification procedure takes place shortly after each returns "run", and is terminated before running the next lot, in order to:

(a) have all "possible" item postings in "this" run made, and treat the rest - sort of management by exception - thru the clarification;

(b) "evacuate" (clear) the items from the clarification account, into their respective "right" place (and amount).

2. I am NOT sure about the clarification itself ("mechanics of");

how is it performed (not only viewed) - step by step? the result should be (?) about the same as with the "right" items - seen in the contract account as if "nothing wrong" happened...

tnx in advance for detailed answer

Robi

0 Kudos

Robert,

1. there exists a separate customization for a single clarification account, independently from specific return reasons. I understand that this "holds" for all RRs, is it?

Yes

Is it really necessary to customize a clar. acc. for each RR individually?

Yes. You need to attach clarfication account to each and every RR.

I presume, that the clarification procedure takes place shortly after each returns "run", and is terminated before running the next lot, in order to:

(a) have all "possible" item postings in "this" run made, and treat the rest - sort of management by exception - thru the clarification;

(b) "evacuate" (clear) the items from the clarification account, into their respective "right" place (and amount).

I could not get your point as I feel it is mixed up. However any item is posted to clarification if,

a) If the Payment doc mentioned in the lot either does not exist or already returned

b) There is difference in the amount of Payment doc and amount mentioned in the lot.

c) If there is a clearing doc for the payment doc you mentioned, in that case it goes to clarification account. Here either you need to reset the clearing doc using FP07 or you need to use other than 'CANCEL PAYMENT' under Spec for docs and processing <<type of posting >> of FP09.

2. I am NOT sure about the clarification itself ("mechanics of");

how is it performed (not only viewed) - step by step? the result should be (?) about the same as with the "right" items - seen in the contract account as if "nothing wrong" happened...

Well 'Clarification' is nothing but 'Suspense Account' where an item is posted to it when you are not sure of payment documents are any of the reasons specified under a),b),c) above.

Hope this helps

Rgds

Rajendra