cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Posting change Notice

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

There are PCN's lying as old as 2006 . The thing that surprises me the most is that the Annual inventory takes place for this business every 01-03 August each year. How did it take place in 2006 and 2007with these pending PCNs. ?

As far as my understanding goes PCN are nothing but TR's in posting change. Thus if we have open TR's(PCN) what do we do next. I do not want to process these as now when I see these PCNs I found that at IM level the corresponding material and batch is no more not available. So processeing these PCN will mismatch the IM/WM figure.

How to get rid of these old long pending PCNs.

Please advice.

Thanks.

Shalini

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

What happens when you change the status of stock with MB1B in IM is that a pcn is created in WM (No TR's)

The reason for the plus and negative in 922 is that WM knows there is a status change to be processed but you have to tell it which stock by creating the TO. WM cannot change the status of stock in its own bin so you will see in the history LT24 that the stock goes in to 922 without a 'Q' and comes out of 922 with a 'Q' this happens at the same second and the user will not see it but it happens in the background.

There are two settings that will help this process.

In the movemenmt types for status changes (309, 321, 322, 343 etc) ensure that the setting 'post to same bin' is selected. This means that when the change takes place the stcok will always return to the same bin so for instance material X 50 pcs in bin A1-1-1 will go in to 922, have the status changed and come back to A1-1-1. This is VERY important otherwise when it is time to put the stock back in the bin the put away strategies will take over and move it somewhere else.

Next in the interface to IM in WM transaction OMLR ensure that against the posting change movement types you have 'X' set in the 'Create transfer order immediately' field and then as soon as the posting change is 'saved' in IM the system will take the user directly to the create TO for posting change screen in WM and the process becomes seamless. Train the users that this process must be completed to complete the posting change.

Finally you could set these transactions to confirm immediately and then there will be no open PCN's left.

I hope that this helps

Frenchy

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

PCNs are gettting created when ever stock category change occurs.

In this case the stock will be show in 922 storage type with 2 line items one with negetive qty and the other with possitive qty. for eg

You have stock in storage type XXX with Q status

so, when you create a transfer posting from Q to U

System will create a PCN

In the LS26 it will show 2 line items for storage type 922

1) Stock with neg sign with Q Status

2) Stock with possitive sign with U status

Here, 922 is not a physically existing storage type like other interim storage types.Its a virtual storage type.

So, Once when the PCN is process by creating a transfer order for the PCN using LT05 automatically the stock in 922 will vanish and the stock in XXX storage type will be changed from Q to U.

Since, 922 is not a physical storage type physical inventory is not done for this.

And there won't be any stock diff also due to this PCN creation.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

According to me system take open TO's into consideration while carrying out counting .

this is the reason it did not take PCN into consideration,since PCN are like transfer instruction (TR)

You can set the status off open PCN to "U"(completeley processed) in LU02 transaction .

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Vineet,

Thanks for the reply.

So if I change to processed, the PCN is closed and at the same time STOCK will not be affected at WM and IM. Hope so I have understood it right.

Thanks

Shalini

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Via PCN, TR, TO you cannot change the stock level in WM, they only may cause disorder in your WH (if are not handled properly). They can only cause wrong stock level in your bins (if they are handled not properly) but the total stock level for your WH is the same.

If your stock got stuck in interim bin it may have been in connection with with unprocessed TRs and PCNs.

E.g when you move stock from QI to unrestricted stock type, two quants will be generated in 922, one of them with stock type 'Q' (-qty), and one of them for unrestricted stock (+qty). If PCN is not processed they will get stuck in 922...

BR

Csaba

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 29, 2008 7:39 PM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes stock wont get affected when set the status to "U" of PCN

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi Shalini,

The problem mentioned in your former thread (Annual Inventory in WM) may be in close connection with this. Jurgen and I also asked you whether you have unprocessed PCNs...you told us you didn't have...

If the PCNs are not actual yet, you can go to LU02 and set their status as 'Finally deliverd' or 'fully processed' - I can't remember how it is called exactly. You can do this using the menu in LU02.

BR

Csaba

If mass change is needed try to use LSMW (e.g.).

Edited by: Csaba Szommer on Jul 29, 2008 7:54 AM

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Csaba,

Thanks for the reply. As far as open PCN was concerned, for corresponding material+ batch there was NO OPEN PCN.

However again I will ask the same question which I had asked earlier, the PCN and TR open for same material but different batches (A,B ,C) will not have any implication on the stocks been stuck for x batch.

Thanks,

Shalini