cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Regarding error in ESS integration with EP

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We are currently integrating ESS 60.2 (mySAP ERP 2004) business package with portal EP6.0 (SP14).

We were able to view the workset and all the pages like Employee Search, Personal Information etc.

But when we click on the links in that page, we are getting a error stating “<b>object required</b>”.

Also, when we click any of the links,we are also getting an error stating ”<b>Personnel number not yet assigned</b>”.

We have already assigned the personnel number in transaction PA30 for the user and we had also set the validity of user id.

Still we are facing the same problem.

It’s very urgent.

Can you help us to solve the problem?

Any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks in Advance.

Regards

Yoga

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (4)

Answers (4)

Former Member
0 Kudos

hi yoga,

was the problem solved or still ur facing the same thing bcoz now am stuck at the same stage of error. if possible send some relative steps from start.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi mikko

Thanks for your reply.

We have already done this.

But the problem exists in the creation of personnel number.

Can you guide us on how to create a personnel number?

If you have any documents, please send it to us...

thanks in advance.

regards

Yoga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoga,

you can create persons via the hiring action available in personnel actions transaction PA40. Here leave the person number empty (and click on enter), enter the from date, select the appropriate Hiring entry in the options below and enter the personnel area, ee group and ee subgroup and execute.

The execution will launch a series of infotype creations with which I suggest you get the aid of your local HR person (since the necessary infotypes and their content varies from system to system).

Hope this helps,

Mikko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ingo

Thanks for ur response.

I have crosschecked whatever you have said.

When i run the "HR_GETEMPLOYEEDATA_FROMUSER" by testing it in se37, i am getting the same error stating "<b>PERSONNEL NUMBER NOT YET ASSIGNED</b>" while retrieving the data.

Can you guide us on how to assign a personnel number for a user?

If you have any documents regarding this, can you please send to my mail id (fromyoga@gmail.com)

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Yoga

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

since Ingo hasn't made the reply in a while, I thought I'd give in my advice..

You can assign the user to a person record by doing the following:

1. go to transaction PA30

2. look up the person

3. on the first tab 'Basic data', select Communication and click on create

4. Enter 0001 as the communication type and user ID as the ID/number

5. save

Hope this helps,

Mikko

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Yoga,

this is just a rough guessing but are you 100% sure that the user you are testing the ESS with is attached to a personal number in Infotype 105 with subtype 001. You can check this with function module "HR_GETEMPLOYEEDATA_FROMUSER" by testing it in se37 it will return the linked personel number to the user you type into the FM's interface when testing.

Some of the ESS screnarios also need some more info resp. entries in other Infotypes depending what the ESS scenario is ment for. For instance Travel Management requires the personel number to have traveling rights in the system. But this would produce other output.

Please make shure that the connection between user and employee is correct because this is the only error which procudes output like yours.

please also make sure that you are using the single sign on setting in the JCO Connection parameters for the data. If you have asigned a user instead of single sign on there you will attach to your backend ERP 2005 with this user and not with the user you do log onto ESS/MSS with.

For testing purposes this is fine but in a real screanrio you have to use single sign on because otherwise everyone will connect to the backend system with the user maintained in JCO and not with its own user.

Regards Ingo