cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forecast with consumption group not released to SNP

Former Member
0 Kudos

I am working with a consumption group but the forecast is not released from DP to SNP.

I followed documentation and I already configured the consumption group in customizing and assigned the consumption group in the product master.

In the release transaction I enter the product characteristic 9AMATNR, location characteristic APO_PLANT (which is a customized location characteristic). In the Consumption Group field I enter another customized characteristic (ZPROCID) and select an specific value for this characteristic in the "Orders with specific chars" button.

But when I execute the release I have a message saying "Release: Forecast" although it does not show any characteristic combination.

When I look at SNP I see that no forecast is transfered.

Please, can anybody help with this issue? I checked in the SAP notes but did not find any related issue.

Thanks,

Ric

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

in planning area setup have you mapped the location APO_PLANT as a location characteristic??

in the release transaciton have you used consumption strategy?

are you able to release without the consumption group setup?

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

pls let me know which requirement strategy you have choosen?

Regards

Sujay

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Ricardo,

Did you check the results log icon so that it tells you what it did? Also check these:

1. The material and plant you are releasing are CIFed from R/3 or maintained manually in APO.

2. Check whether you assigned product and location characteristics as 9AMATNR and APO_PLANT in Planning object structure>Extras> Assign product/location

3. When you release the forecast, you are releasing it to live cache. So, go to product view (/SAPAPO/RRP3) in APO and see if there is a forecast there.

If yes, then you didnot assign the ATP category to your key figure in SNP planning area.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks for your help. I updated the plant /location characteristics in POS and it works

Former Member
0 Kudos

Besides the configuration for plant / location in POS, I also updated the consumption group configuration to include Plant and Location characteristics. Previosuly I only had the ZPROCID characteristic in consumption group.

As additional information for other people, other important preparations:

Requirement strategy is 20 in APO.

Configuration for ATP has been copied with an integration model from ECC.