cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TO confirmation issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear Friends,

I am facing an issue with TO confirmations.

Currently we are usin interim storage type 9*. When a material is issues to Production order with mvt type 261, the quantity in storage type 9* becomes negative and immediately after confiming TO it becomes zero.

The issue is even after confirming the TO, the stock in the storage type is negative.

Please help.

Sruthi

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Sorry pressed the wrong button and the reply was sent incomplete.

To finish what I was saying

If you confirm the you have made qty ZZZ then the BOM will calculate how many of 1,2 and 3 you needed to do that and mvt 261 will consume that amount.

This is a powerful mvt and if you say that you have made ZZZ and that requires XXX od 1,2, and 3 then that is what it will consume and if there is not enough in the bin it will go negative.

I hope that this helps

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

Just to be clear mvt type 261 does not issue stock to a production order, this is done with movement type 319.

Movement type 261 consumes stock from a production order so therefore if you use materials 1, 2 and 3 to make material X you issue materials 1,2 and 3 with 319 and when the production order is confirmed that ypou have made material X Then movement 261 consumes materials 1,2, and 3. If the TO that moved the stock To production is noit confirmed then the 261 will take the stock negative but the confirmation of the TO should balance this. The only time that you should go negative is when you confirm that you have made more that you where issued components for. If you confirm qty ZZZ

csaba_szommer
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,

Storage type 914 is used for this purpose in standard SAP.

Several reason may be behind this and you are the person who can investigate problem.

Are you using dynamic bins?

1. If you use dynamicb ins you should check which dynamic bins in 914 are affected.

2. Check transaction LB10 for open as well as partially processed TRs.

3 Check whether during confirmation all the goods were posted to 914+dynamic - or some of the goods were confirmed as difference to 999.

4. Check in LT22 all incoming and outgoing goods movement for 914+dynamic bin. If the balance differs from IM-mvt 261 quantities, investigate which goods are affected and why. (Isn't it possible that some materials were not available at the time of TO creation?)

5. Also check what's happened in IM? Isn't possible that extra consumption were booked and the beloning TR is sitting in LB10 as unprocessed?

So, in my opinion you should check step-by-step what's happened both in IM and WM.

These are my suggestions, if you reveal more from your 'mysterious' issue, you may get more specific advise.

BR

Csaba