cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Message stuck in Adapter Engine queue with status "Delivering"

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi All,

I have a File to File EOIO scenario. The messages are sucessfully delivered from IE to AE. All entries have a chequered flag in SXMB_MONI. No messages are stuck in IE queue (SMQ2). But the message is stuck in AE queue with status "Delivering". I can not resend or cancel the message coz the status is "delivering".

The reason it is in "delivering" status is due to some config error that I made in Communication Channel FTP parameters. Now it is corrected. But how do I deal with this message now?

Restart of server is not an option here. Is there are place I can delete the message from AE queue?

Thanks

Jaishankar

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

henrique_pinto
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

You can see the queues status (and number of stuck entries etc) through the link:

http://<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem/monitor/systemStatus.jsp

There, you can maintain the queues.

There is also a link for the EOIO Sequence Monitor:

http://<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem/monitor/sequenceMonitor.jsp

There you can see the stuck messages and maintain these.

Make sure to handle the proper message IDs.

All of these are acessible through the Messaging System main page:

http://<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem/

Regards,

Henrique.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi, with reference to the earlier thread "Re: Message stuck in Adapter Engine queue with status "Delivering", I wonder if anyone can tell me how to delete/remove an EOIO message that has failed?

Kind regards,

Joe

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

Henrique, I'm facing the same error and, through the Msg System

http://<host>:<port>/MessagingSystem/monitor/sequenceMonitor.jsp I do can see the Message with status On Hold, and its predecessor with status Delivering.

However, I cannot do anything with that (like cancelling or deleting from the queue).

My queue is stopped in production because of this error and, as the problematic message is under a Delivering message, there's no way to reprocess it or cancel it.

Do you have any suggestion to fix that?

Tks buddy!

RafaelVieira
Active Participant
0 Kudos

PI Service restart was enough to set the ack back to the DLNG message.

Tks!

Rafael.

Answers (2)

Answers (2)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Closing the thread. I still cant find a way to delete messages in Queue with status Delivering, but now I know where I can monitor them. Thanks Henrique.

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

have a look at this weblog.

Note that EOIO messages has a dependency on the first message that failed in the queue. Until that message becomes a success all others will be stuck in the queue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Shabz,

Thanks for the answer. But in my case, the queue is not stuck because of message in status "System Error". The message that is blocking the queue has status "Delivering". It is trying to FTP the file, but it is unable to do it coz of the configuration fault that I have done. Now I have corrected the paramter, but am not able to stop/resend/cancel the message in "deliveing" status.

Thanks

Jaishankar

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Jai,

Try time out if the receiver communication channel is FTP. It should time out and change status to System Error.

Regards

Soorya

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

in VA, restart the service

server->services->SAP XI AF Messaging

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>Try time out if the receiver communication channel is FTP. It should time out and change status to System Error.

Thanks Soorya. Even if I change the configuration now, I am unable to reporcess the message message. As I already said, now the configuration is corrected, so if I am able to reporcess the message now it will be executed sucessfully.

Thanks

Jaishankar

Shabarish_Nair
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

also once it goes to system error, restart the first failed message in the queue.

Former Member
0 Kudos

>>in VA, restart the service server->services->SAP XI AF Messaging

Hmm... Is there no other alternative than to restart the service?

In real time, we anticipate this issue atleast once in a week. The target system is a Mainframe system and there is a lot of restrictions to do FTP to the system like if the File name being FTPed is already present it will not allow to write the File. Under such cases, the same issue will happen.

Is it not possible to delete the message from AE queue somewhere?

Thanks

Jaishankar