Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Query Issue with adding a static value

Former Member
0 Kudos

I have written a query in SAP that works the way I need it to. I am going to schedule it so that SAP does a file transfer of the output to another area where the data will be accumulated.

My problem is that I want the name of the system to appear at the end of each line but it is not in any table I can find to match up with the userid.

EX:

UserID Group System

JDOE HR Query Group P201

The field for system is not in any tables but I want to add it and give it a constant/static value all the time in the output.

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Justin Dauby -- SAP Security Analyst

Kimball International Inc.,

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Former Member
0 Kudos

The name of the system is not in a table, but rather a structure called SYST. You can evaluate it using the system field sy-sysid.

Another option is to call function module RFC_SYSTEM_INFO. The export parameter RFCSI_EXPORT will deliver the system id from component RFCSYSID of the structure RFCSI.

Cheers,

Julius

2 REPLIES 2

Former Member
0 Kudos

The name of the system is not in a table, but rather a structure called SYST. You can evaluate it using the system field sy-sysid.

Another option is to call function module RFC_SYSTEM_INFO. The export parameter RFCSI_EXPORT will deliver the system id from component RFCSYSID of the structure RFCSI.

Cheers,

Julius

0 Kudos

I am looking for a way to just specify in the InfoSet to place a static value in the query output. Maybe the query can do that but I thought the InfoSet is where I would define that.

Thanks!

~ Justin