cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Support Packages - Checks

Former Member
0 Kudos

Our platform is ECC 6.0 on Oracle 10g Windows 2003 x64. I am coming from a SQL Server background and need to know what are the checks to be performed on the system before applying a support package stack? I've heard one check is to ensure Oracle archiving is turned off. Can anyone give me a complete list of all checks to be performed before applying support packs.

Thank you in advance.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

There are certain pre-requisite you have to follow:

- Check the requires SPAM/SAINT level.

- Check the conditions that are required to check the support package application, You can check that in the "info" link when you download the support package from the service market place.

- Its always nice to check the Kernel level before applying the SP.

- Go for the notes that are specified in the"info" link.

Check this link:

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_nw04/helpdata/en/29/ff9036e1e4b603e10000009b38f889/content.htm

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Also ...

1. Make sure all users are logged off and locked.

2. Make sure no jobs are running.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hey guys,

This is good information. As per the step "Make sure no jobs are running," if there are jobs running can I suspend them to start after the support packs are finished or do I delete them? How may I suspend them because that seems more desireable.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would say that donot cancel the current active jobs.

But change all the jobs with the "Released" status to "Scheduled" using SM37.

Select the jobs in Released Status and go to option JOB --> Released <-> Scheduled

Former Member
0 Kudos

This is good information,

So far we've covered applications specific checks. What about any Oracle specific checks that should be performed before importing a support pack (i.e turning off Oracle archiving)?

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi

I would say that putting down the SAP archiving is a feasible solution. But if you have the production system it is not recommended to switch off the archiving as if something goes wrong you cannot do the point in time recovery.

Also this would help for other queries:

http://help.sap.com/printdocu/core/Print46c/en/data/pdf/BCUPGOCSSPAM/BCUPGOCSSPAM.pdf