cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Block Basic Data view on Material Master create or change for material type

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

Does anyone know how to block the Basic Data view for Create or Change on the Material Master for a particular Material Type?

Our problem is that we want them to have access to the Basic Data for for other material types.

For example:

Material Type ROH - We want to block the Basic Data for Create (MM01) or Change (MM02) on a material.

All other Material Types - They should have access to the Basic Data view for Create (MM01) or Change (MM02) on a material.

Has anyone ever done this, where you combine the Material Type and the View (Maintenance Status K for Basic Data view)?

Thanks,

Chuck

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I think there is intervention of functional team member is required here.

I found this:

goto SPRO ->img reference-> logistics-General->Material Master->field selection->maintain field selection for data screens (Txn OMS9)->select field selection group numberand select the radio buttons "hide" / "display" / "reqd entry" /

"opt. entry" basd on your need.

By this way we can make the field to display only by selecting appropriate FSG's(field selection groups) and restricting it to "Display".

Please check with your MM guys. Hope they must guide you in this regard.

Regards,

Srihari

PS: I f you want to suppress the entire "Basic Data View" for material type (Basic data1, Basic data2) this certainly needs the help of MM guy. So I would really suggest you to check with the concerned Functional guys.

Edited by: Srihari Rao on Jul 29, 2008 11:44 AM

Answers (3)

Answers (3)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello all,

I think we figured out how to do it. We're going to configure the Screen Sequence for MM01 and MM02 to exclude the Basic Data view for the material types in question.

FYI. The screen sequences are set up in config using the following path:

Logistics - General --> Material master --> Configuring the Material Master.

The MM people can set up the configuration. We will use a custom auth object to tell when the basic data view should be used, and a batch job to check for the auth object and set the "User Screen Reference" as needed.

Thanks,

Chuck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hello,

I've got one solution for you. Txn OMS2 (Change View "Material Types" : Overview)

1. Here you position for the ROH document and click the "details" button

2. In the following screen, you must be able to see the "user department" section.

3. Deselect the "Basic data" from here.

Word of caution: Ask your MM consultant to do this. Move over, Do not change the standard materials type "ROH"... instead you can ask them to create a copy of ROH and then do this.

Hope this helps you.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If in the object M_MATE_STA only basic data is maintained and you want to block access to MM01/MM02 to only particular material type then add another M_MATE_MAR object manually and provide only activity 03 and the material types you want to block for the basic data view and make sure these material types are not present in the initial M_MATE_MAR object.

Eg:

M_MATE_MAR

ACTVT 01 02

BEGRU material type need to be changed

M_MATE_MAR

ACTVT 03

BEGRU material you want to block

M_MATE_STA

ACTVT 01 02

STATM K

Guess this works else revert back the thread !!!

Rakesh

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thank you Rakesh.

The hard part is we actually only wanted to block the Basic Data view for the ROH material type. They should be able to create or change any other view for the ROH material type.

Material Type ROH - Block create or change from the Basic Data view. BUT, they Should have create or change from Any Other view for an ROH material.

Any other Material Type - Create or change access for any view.

We need somthing that combines Material Type and Maintenance Status. We can get Material Type from M_MATE_MAR, and Maintenance Status from M_MATE_STA. Has anyone ever had any luck using (standard or custom) authorization objects that combine Material Type and Maintenance Status?

Thanks,

Chuck

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

If you want to block the Basic data view for ROH material type to only display(03) then its possible by restricting the access to that material type by adding another object with display option as I said, but if you wanna block entire view for only that material type then I guess an abaper can help you.

Rakesh