cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Deleted RFC

Former Member
0 Kudos

1. A RFC destantion exsisted on the SYSTEM.

2. This destination was subsequesntly deleted.

3. In Sm59 this connection is no more there.

4. But some client is referrign to this connection still.

How Do I know where this is RFC destination is being used ? Please note that this connection is not present in SM59. I tired to do an ST01 - trace but again this trace is for a user ??

My queston again : I need to knwo which client or from where this RFC destination is being called?

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear George,

One of my friend face the similar problem.Do the following things.

1.Just refresh the host buffer via TCODE SM51.

2. Or just use TCODE /$sync .It will resolve your problem.

PS: Try the 1st option and if it dont work then try the second.For second wait till the user logon is least and make sure they are not working.This you can check from TCODE SM04.

Regards,

Ashutosh

Answers (5)

Answers (5)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi George,

> My queston again : I need to knwo which client or from where this RFC destination is being called?

Try to check the tables RFCDES, RFCDOC, RFCLIST.

> How Do I know where this is RFC destination is being used ? Please note that this connection is not present in SM59. I tired to do an ST01 - trace but again this trace is for a user ??

Check your Inbound and OutBound RFCs from SMQ1 and SMQ2.

You can also refresh as Ashutosh singh has suggested.

Regards,

Srihari

Former Member
0 Kudos

Now look for the files dev_rfc.trc and dev_rfc* and see if they have any entry for PPBBPEZ _PRD. I think it will be better if you involve your Basis guy in this as well.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

You can view the files from t-code AL11 as well. Look for DIR_HOME and also these directories are instance dependent, so if you have multiple application servers, each server will have its own work directroy.

Hope it helps you.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

So far great !

1. I went into Al11

2. Got the -HOME directory

3. Sorted by date/time

Now I want to attempt to see from where has PPBBPEZ _PRD connection been attempted to reach

Former Member
0 Kudos

I think in that case the best option would be look under in dev_rfc.trc and dev_rfc* under /usr/sap/<SID>/DVEBMGSxx/work directorry. If the system has been bounced after you saw the error also look under dev_rfc*.old files as well.

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Navee

Former Member
0 Kudos

Thanks Naveed ! I am not a BASIS guy but a Security - GRC guy but the file you mentioned are typically from the System level- OS , right ? I will suggest this to them, Shall keep you posted

Correct me if wrong!

Thx

Former Member
0 Kudos

Have you tried RFC Trace from ST05 ? It might give you some information.

Thanks,

Naveed

Former Member
0 Kudos

No I did not try it ?

I have gone to ST05.

Checked the RFC trace and as clicked on " Trace On"

Now , how do I get to view the file ? - I mean the trace file ? I have extensively used St01 but not ST05 !! so guidenace is needed !

Thansk

Another factor is the RFC destination is deleted hence will ST05 give any I/p?

Former Member
0 Kudos

I would prefer to go into the history --> as If Iswitch on a trace here I dont know when this attempt is going to happen again!

on the contary If its the history I already have an insertion somewhere who attemted what where thru this deleted RFC !

anyway how to get this history ? SM21 doesnot help !

Thanks