cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Planning Calendar in Location Product Master

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

We have an option to assign a planning calendar in lotsize tab of Location Product Master.

Can I make the system follow the calendar for planning if I assign it?

I did a F1 on the field and I the description says:

"Planning Calendar for Periodic Lot Sizing Procedure

Use

For the periodic lot-sizing procedure, use an APO standard time stream as a planning calendar.

This field is not taken into account in Supply Network Planning (SNP)."

My confusion here is, does the system follow this calendar if it is assigned? I am using SNP Heuristic.

Thanks.

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

srinivas_krishnamoorthy
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

As the document says the Planning calendar is only considered in PPDS where one needs time streams in hourly patterns to support detailed level planning.

The document below

http://help.sap.com/saphelp_scm2007/helpdata/en/de/7c5c3c3806af06e10000000a11402f/frameset.htm shows that SNP optimizer does use the cross-period lot size procedure but i am not sure if it uses the planning calendar.

Maybe you can start by letting us know what is the business requirement and how you are planning to meet that with SNP Heuristics.

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Srinivas,

We have a vendor sending material( external procurement) to a location and the planning has to happen only on Monday. We created a time stream id for that.

We are trying to see if assigning a planning calendar in product master is a plausible option or not. The documentation says SNP doesnot consider the planning calendar field in lot size tab.

We cannot assign calendars in location master as per the business.

Answers (0)