Structure Conversion in Fileadapter in a server proxy scenario

Former Member
0 Kudos

Dear all,

i'd like to do the follwoing thing in XI:

1. Receive a structured text file

2. Make an content conversion:

File is structured in the following way:

- all records have fixed field length, there are two possible types of record, indicated by the first 2 characters e.g.

AA Recordtype 1

BB Recordtype 2

BB Recordtype 2

BB Recordtype 2

BB Recordtype 2

AA Recordtype 1

BB Recordtype 2

So each record of type 1 is followed by 0 - n records of type 2.

3. Send the converted message into an ABAP inbound proxy

I have some questions regarding that scenario:

a) Can i use the flag "Recordsets per message" in XI to control if my message should contain multiple recordsets (one recordset would be associated with one record of type 1 and N of type 2)

b) How will i access in the server proxy class the records. Will I have a field for the recordset (or a table of recordsets if i don 't use the flag "Recordsets per message" in XI ).

What about the subfield? Will I have a table structure for the record of type 2?

c) Is the file content conversion I described feasible?

Many thanks in advance for your replies

Best regards

Florian

Edited by: Florian Wittke on Jul 28, 2008 5:31 PM

Accepted Solutions (1)

Accepted Solutions (1)

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

Hi,,

a) Can i use the flag "Recordsets per message" in XI to control if my message should contain multiple recordsets (one recordset would be associated with one record of type 1 and N of type 2)

why? i dont see any productive for this.

b) How will i access in the server proxy class the records. Will I have a field for the recordset (or a table of recordsets if i don 't use the flag "Recordsets per message" in XI ).

to integrate with a proxy see nexts PDFs, is the same for BW,BI,R3.

follow this guide

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/e698aa90-0201-0010-7982-b498e02a...

or this

https://www.sdn.sap.com/irj/sdn/go/portal/prtroot/docs/library/uuid/18dfe590-0201-0010-6b8b-d21dfa99...

What about the subfield? Will I have a table structure for the record of type 2?

c) Is the file content conversion I described feasible?

hi, yes it can be done.

see this link

in this link some blogs

Thanks

Rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi Rodrigo,

I had a look into the guides. As far as I can see, they are accessing table structures in the input field of the data structure. So this must be the records that occour multiple times, right?

Thanks and best regards

Florian

rodrigoalejandro_pertierr
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

hi,

that right. if you see in the guide--> proxy code you will see a loop function. this function read each line of XML.

you have to define the MI or import it, later call via http the proxy

is your doubt solve??

thanks!

rodrigo

Former Member
0 Kudos

Yes its solved! Many thanks for your quick respondes. The only thing in the blog that was worring me, that the structure that is accessed as a table has "occours 1" in the XI definition, but that may be an error in the blog.

Answers (1)

Answers (1)

Former Member
0 Kudos

Hi,

You can define your structure as

MessageType 1..1

RecordSet 1..unbounded

RecordType1 0..1

RecordType 2 0..unbounded

(RecordType1 and RecordType 2 are children of RecordSet.. I am not able to format the structure)

Use keyfield as AA for RecordType1 and BB for RecordType2.

Use RecordSet per message = 1 and it should create 1 message for each recordtype 1 and n occurrences of recordtype 2.

Thanks,

Beena.