Application Development Discussions
Join the discussions or start your own on all things application development, including tools and APIs, programming models, and keeping your skills sharp.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Auth issue

Former Member
0 Kudos

If a user is given SAP_ALL access and if I run ST01 on the user , I will not be able to get any data because there are no auth failures for the user. I hope I am correct. In my case the user is assigned 2 roles. lets say role 1 and role 2. Role 1 has the object S_SCMG_TXT . I ran the Tcode HREIC and did a trace on the user and the trace results failed at the object S_SCMG_TXT. ( RC = 4 ). The trace does not tell which role was checked. However, the object in question is already assigned to the user's UMR. What could be the issue in this case?.Below is an excerpt from the trace. These two objects are already available with the correct values in one of the roles of the UMR.

P_ORGIN RC=4 INFTY=0001;SUBTY=' ';AUTHC=R;PERSA=;PERSG=;PERSK=;VDSK1=;

S_SCMG_TXT RC=4 SPS_ID=HREIC_SPS_ACTIVITY_NOTES;CASETYPE=' ';TEXTID=0005;ACTVT=03;

1 REPLY 1

jurjen_heeck
Active Contributor
0 Kudos

> If a user is given SAP_ALL access and if I run ST01 on the user , I will not be able to get any data because there are no auth failures for the user. I hope I am correct.

Not completely,

All authority checks will always show up in the trace, also the ones that do succeed (with RC=0). So this is a good way to see which checks are actually performed while running a certain program/job/task etc. The output can then be compared to the actual role values.

About your trace output, to have us compare it with the users' roles please post the relevant records from table AGR_1251:

AGR_NAME=your role(s), OBJECT= P_ORGIN and S_SCMG_TXT